How to obtain 75hp from a 4mil

Stone MXshee

Hey gentlemen, need some points of perspective here. I JUST got my banshee back last Saturday (September 20th) from a dyno tune and it squeezed out 60.56hp and 35ft lbs of torque. It has a 4mil trued and welded stroker crank (373cc), 64mm wiseco high comp pistons (stock size), Toomey t-5, cool head, VF3, POD filters, Dyna FS programmable ignition, 35mm pwk's, HD clutch basket, 19cc domes, 175 psi in the cylinders. The builder claimed he ported the cylinders, but I was to anxious to check myself so I just bolted it in my chassis. I have an instinct the builder did not do the port job he claimed, or if he did do a port job, he rushed it just to get it down the line. Do you guys think their is potential ponies still in my cylinders? My goal is to get 75hp out of my stock cylinders. I am considering sending them out to Kevin at HJR, I hear he is the best. What do you guys think of the dyno results? Does that sound about right? Or is there still more available? I appreciate the help, God Bless.

Stock carbs are good to better than 70 hp! I had the same setup as you with stock carbs and a mild dune Port by Redline and mine made 74hp on the dyno many many times. I went to 34 PJ carbs and it still made the same hp. If you talk to Cam at Redline he will steer you in the right direction. His stock cylinder 4 mill motors are making way more HP than you are getting out of that thing!!!