Smartcarb vs EFI

billybobby

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else using these on a banshee? And can compared to regular pwk's tuned correctly.

I have ran PWK's, Mikuni's and had a custom EFI kit. So far for me the Smart Carbs have been the best overall setup by far.

Michael had a set and didn't seem impressed.

I remember him having issues.... Hell I had issues to. I was pissed. I spent 20 minutes on the phone with Chad making sure that the clearance issue was ironed out. They still sent me the wrong parts. That said I called them and they sent me the right stuff next day to my door. They walked me through the tuning process over the phone. Very simple process! Maybe I'm lucky! I have yet to see another banshee with as much power as mine run so damn good without tons of tuning needed at the slightest elevation or temp change. I have not opened my carbs up since I got them.

I think Michael had some shitty luck. I think he tried the single carb setup and then last I heard was he thought the 36mm's were to big for his setup. I've seen plenty of stock cylinder banshee's without porting running to much carb....

I now have a 40mm on my ESR yz345 and have installed that same carb on my buddies nasty cr500 just to try it! Both bikes ripped.

I remember him having issues.... Hell I had issues to. I was pissed. I spent 20 minutes on the phone with Chad making sure that the clearance issue was ironed out. They still sent me the wrong parts. That said I called them and they sent me the right stuff next day to my door. They walked me through the tuning process over the phone. Very simple process! Maybe I'm lucky! I have yet to see another banshee with as much power as mine run so damn good without tons of tuning needed at the slightest elevation or temp change. I have not opened my carbs up since I got them.

I think Michael had some shitty luck. I think he tried the single carb setup and then last I heard was he thought the 36mm's were to big for his setup. I've seen plenty of stock cylinder banshee's without porting running to much carb....

I now have a 40mm on my ESR yz345 and have installed that same carb on my buddies nasty cr500 just to try it! Both bikes ripped.

That's pretty much how I'd put it. Still have them sittin on the shelf. I emailed them a couple times tryin to trade them back for there improved versions, with no response. Lol. Oh well. Not gonna hurt my feelin's none.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk