Smartcarb vs EFI

billybobby

Sounds like a real stand up company. ..

No shit, very glad I went the microsquirt route. I almost bought a pair of smartcarbs, but I really wanted the ability to switch from E85 to gas easily. APT said they hadn't done any testing with alcohol based fuels so I was on my own there. So now with efi and flex fuel sensor I can dump whatever in the tank and don't have to do a damn thing. 

No shit, very glad I went the microsquirt route. I almost bought a pair of smartcarbs, but I really wanted the ability to switch from E85 to gas easily. APT said they hadn't done any testing with alcohol based fuels so I was on my own there. So now with efi and flex fuel sensor I can dump whatever in the tank and don't have to do a damn thing.

World domination

When is this available to the public?

When is this available to the public?

Well, Mattoon slacked beyond belief on making the reed cage adapters, so I sent them a label last night to ship the parts I had there down to Tony at Tdr and He's going to cut them on his mill. Then I Just Need To Work With JD and get a bolt in ecu plate, coil plate, and battery box worked out. If all goes half ass to plan I'm targeting may/June for a final prototype Setup.

• 4 weeks later...

Running 32to1... Man it sucks that you have had such a rough time with the carbs. Makes no sense to me, my Shee runs so good. I rode Glamis 2 weeks ago. This week started at 2000ft,75degrees,climbed to 8000ft and damn colder! The Shee never missed a beat... ran like a damn beast! No adjustments at all.

Running 32to1... Man it sucks that you have had such a rough time with the carbs. Makes no sense to me, my Shee runs so good. I rode Glamis 2 weeks ago. This week started at 2000ft,75degrees,climbed to 8000ft and damn colder! The Shee never missed a beat... ran like a damn beast! No adjustments at all.

Damn it Rodger...when were you there? I almost called you when we went and it just slipped my mind! We went march 6 to the 16th.

FKN JUNK

• 1 year later...

Still impressed with these Carbs! It is right at about 60hrs on Smart Carbs now. I just did a fresh top end at 50hrs. It was good for another 20hrs pretty safely. I have ran it at sea level clear up 9500ft, dunes, tracks and trails..... very minimal and very easy adjustments! I just got back from Killpecker sand dunes which is about 3500ft higher then where I normally ride. The monster ran perfect with no adjustments. Smoked my buddies including a worked CR500! Going to work on getting more vids when we ride. Here's a couple.

• Like 3

Well, Mattoon slacked beyond belief on making the reed cage adapters, so I sent them a label last night to ship the parts I had there down to Tony at Tdr and He's going to cut them on his mill. Then I Just Need To Work With JD and get a bolt in ecu plate, coil plate, and battery box worked out. If all goes half ass to plan I'm targeting may/June for a final prototype Setup.

what year was this going to be available?
  • Like 1