Critique my 4mm woods build

MLack

• 3 weeks later...

So i finally got my banshee torn down and it needs a new top end, jetting was all wrong, head was barely shaved and not even rechambered, all kinds of mistakes. I'm now getting a 4mm stroker, new top end, porting, engine dyno tuned, etc. It's unfortunate that I had a bad experience with HJR. Typical backyard hack job. I hope another horror story doesn't surface from his work, although i'm not the first.

• Like 1

Since I posted that I have stumbled across a few more un satisfied guys which is a shame I thought his port job ripped it was great work. I think his prob is he is pumping out parts too fast, whereas I don't agree with keeping parts for a year but seems like he might could spend some more time on making sure his work is done correctly

The guy either doesn't know what he's doing or he just shortcuts the shit out of builds and sends them out as is. The guy doesn't even have a dyno or anything like that so how does he know what works and what doesn't? Does the guy even ride and test shit out? He finished my build in less than a week! I dropped off my entire bike on a Friday and was done by the next Saturday. He didn't even put the right jets in there, he simply started drilling the ones that were in there. That's half assed if you ask me. I asked for a stock stroke dune ported setup, I told him to check if I need a rebuild, etc. so he calls me back a few days later and says I don't need anything, that my original 13 year old top end is fine. I was like ok... So he just ported it and did a half assed jet job and said it's good to go. Pathetic ass head work also, just a simple shaving no rechambering or anything of that nature, silicone all over the place, didn't even clean the carbs lol what a hack! Worst part is that he didn't even want to fix it and wanted to charge me all over again for something he obviously messed up on. Another builder told

Me right away what it was based upon the symptoms and sure enough he was right! All kevin said was check timing, spark plugs, etc. the obvious problem was in the top end/jetting and he didn't even mention that! Circles circles... Hjr is overrated and not someone I would recommend ever! Ended up losing $800 thanks to his work! Good luck with yours...

The guy either doesn't know what he's doing or he just shortcuts the shit out of builds and sends them out as is. The guy doesn't even have a dyno or anything like that so how does he know what works and what doesn't? Does the guy even ride and test shit out? He finished my build in less than a week! I dropped off my entire bike on a Friday and was done by the next Saturday. He didn't even put the right jets in there, he simply started drilling the ones that were in there. That's half assed if you ask me. I asked for a stock stroke dune ported setup, I told him to check if I need a rebuild, etc. so he calls me back a few days later and says I don't need anything, that my original 13 year old top end is fine. I was like ok... So he just ported it and did a half assed jet job and said it's good to go. Pathetic ass head work also, just a simple shaving no rechambering or anything of that nature, silicone all over the place, didn't even clean the carbs lol what a hack! Worst part is that he didn't even want to fix it and wanted to charge me all over again for something he obviously messed up on. Another builder told

Me right away what it was based upon the symptoms and sure enough he was right! All kevin said was check timing, spark plugs, etc. the obvious problem was in the top end/jetting and he didn't even mention that! Circles circles... Hjr is overrated and not someone I would recommend ever! Ended up losing $800 thanks to his work! Good luck with yours...

derp

2hqqzhy.jpg

so your original 13 year old top end is sitting on your original 13 year old bottom end and now its dune ported..hahaha

youre the fuckwit that after a 20 minute convo about silicone hose asked if he could use hi-temp tape on his stingers...hahaha

you`ve been here 10 fucking years and nothing has sunk in, guess ya shoulda rolled with CT....boom

• Like 1

That's kinda odd for the bike owner himself not wanting to change a top end on a 13 year old top end. I understand not wanting to spend money on a builder that possibly isnt needed. I just went through that. It can get very expensive fast when you start adding parts up. But is has to be done right. Do it once, do it right.

Concerning that shoutbox screen shot above, if you do some research on here then you will see who's work is good. That is how i found which builder i wanted to spend a lot of money with. Everything went fine. I even had my trans cut. The guy was so nice, he even took out his box of crayolas and drew me up some dyno charts. It's gonna drop panties for sure every time i start this beast mode engine up. ;)

• Like 1

Please teach me or my bike this... cause anytime I go anywhere it seems to attract a bunch of dudes that ask 10000 questions...  I never see no females come at me when I have my bike or start it... let alone drop their panties! 

My Banshee drops panties! LOL

My Banshee drops panties! LOL

L.R.L was talking about FEMALE panties......

• Like 2

Does dumping the clutch and shiting your pants count? Maybe that's what he ment?...

derp

2hqqzhy.jpg

so your original 13 year old top end is sitting on your original 13 year old bottom end and now its dune ported..hahaha

youre the fuckwit that after a 20 minute convo about silicone hose asked if he could use hi-temp tape on his stingers...hahaha

you`ve been here 10 fucking years and nothing has sunk in, guess ya shoulda rolled with CT....boom

The thing had plenty of power before the build so I assumed when Kevin did the compression and leak down test he was right when he said I don't recommend a new top end. Lol the fact is hjr sucks and is overrated! Guy doesn't even stand behind his work or willing to help out. This forum proves it and his Facebook page proves it. Ct might not build the fastest shit around, but at least his work is reliable and works hour after hour of riding with no problems. Besides not only have I had a great experience with his work before, he's down the street from my house and if I ever have problems I'll just drop by. I'm not looking for the fastest thing around, I'm simply looking for something that's fast yet reliable. Kevin couldn't do any of those. As for my questions on the shout box? Big deal! People ask stupid questions on this forum all the time! Nothing new about that. Obviously high temp hose is the way to go, but I was curious about any alternatives? Sorry I disappointed you bro! :)