Critique my 4mm woods build

MLack

Dudes!

I think I have made my final decisions on parts and how I want to put this thing back together. I blew it up last ride of the summer, lower connecting rod bearing decided to let go and destroy a top-end that had 4 rides on it.

Most of this will be coming from HJR.

-4mm long rod crank

-HJR MX Hardcore port on stock cylinders

-Weisco 795 series pistons

-Domes (Whatever Kevin decides to use for pump fuel)

-NOSS Head

+4 timing

I want to build this with stock carbs and the FMF pipes I currently  have. Will eventfully go with PT Mids but that’s further down the road. I feel keeping stock carbs and these pipes will help this thing even more down low and should still scream up top.

The only decision I haven’t made yet is which reeds would best suit this build. VF3/4 or Chariot’s cages with Boysen reeds?

ALSO are there any transmission mods I can do while this is out? Help this shift even smoother than it already does. Currently have Mull’s shift star and roller bearing.

Thoughts, comments  or concerns?

-Matt

Edited by MLack

Go with VF4's.

Since it's a woods build I assume you have the stock airbox?

Did you upgrade to the prodesign intake w/K&N and Outerwear?

Trans mods, have camatv hook you up.

PM him http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showuser=12229

I think he has a breakdown of all his services right there on his profile.

Spend the extra money and buy a brand new Hot Rods 4mil crankshaft w/extra weld and max load bearings from Kevin.

If he can't do that for you, call Jeff at FAST he'll ship that out the very next day exactly how I stated it.

Do it right, and you'll do it once.

The 4mil should handle 14/41 all day long on the trails.

• Like 1

Better upgrade that suspension or there will be trouble getting lots of usable power to the ground. Vf4's woukd definitely help as would a nice ser of billet intakes. Get a nice air cleaner setup so that engine can breathe well but still be protected while u ride.

Camatv promod ftw! Nice trans, couple it with a nice new clutch, pancake bearing, modded shaft and springs, shifts like butter. Awesome upgrade

If you are dead set on HJR doing the top end yet are looking for more work in the bottom end, why not just send the whole thing to him to go through. He has a decent pro mod type tranny from what I hear. He can match the upper case to the jugs as well. I've got my favorites but a lot of other folks seem to be happy with HJR service. Give him a call and see what he can work out for you.