Porting cyls w/ racelogic template and 4mil short rod

Yeah, just doing the tunnels was tough without catching the bit at the bottom. The Foredom grinder is what worked the best. Thinking about picking up the 90* tool for it to finish the turns into the cylinders. I don't think I want to even bother with the air grinder.

I biased the transfer flow towards the primarys. The secondarys are actually a little bit undercut in relation to the divider, and are angled more toward the boost port. I opened up the "Boyesen" ports as a little more to use them to help "charge" the secondary transfers.

The plan is to stagger the port timings, and to depend on mostly using the primaries to charge the cylinder. The primary roof angles are going to be made to match the angle of the piston crown, pointing toward the boost port. The secondary angles are going to drive the charge at the spark plug.

I'm hoping this is the right approach! If there's something I could do better, or if I'm going the wrong way, please let me know!

post-47103-14019436211839_thumb.jpg

I biased the transfer flow towards the primarys. The secondarys are actually a little bit undercut in relation to the divider, and are angled more toward the boost port. I opened up the "Boyesen" ports as a little more to use them to help "charge" the secondary transfers.

The plan is to stagger the port timings, and to depend on mostly using the primaries to charge the cylinder. The primary roof angles are going to be made to match the angle of the piston crown, pointing toward the boost port. The secondary angles are going to drive the charge at the spark plug.

I'm hoping this is the right approach! If there's something I could do better, or if I'm going the wrong way, please let me know!

looks good, you have a steady hand and good eye!!!!!!

nice job and i cant say your doing any wrong. maybe theres a few things for you to consider though. inline twin with cylinders crowded together has a bad side affect of making the tunnels mostly straight up and down. at the top where they make the turn and head into the cylinder your better off making that a gradual turn if at all possible. 90* bend will slow the momentum and energy. so i think youll be better off keeping somewhat of a upward angle into the cylinder so you dont end up with a sharp turn in the tunel. you can start at say 30* and test it then its no problem to lower the angle if you want. but if you start at 10* right from the get go the only way to bring the angle back up is to raise the window height or use epoxy but you dont want to go down that road. intake side looks good but you have alot of sharp corners everywhere. air will go around a corner much easier with a radius and the larger the radius the better

There's still work to be done. I do want to go back through and radius some of the edges, and rough-in the port heights so the tunnels into the cylinders are done before being bored. The exhaust hasn't been touched yet, so that will hopefully happen this weekend.

Tomarrow I'm going to call F.A.S.T. and see about having them do the boring, and possibly touch-up the porting. The top of the cyls need to be "dusted", and domes need to made as well.

While the cylinders are out, the cases need to be split. There is a problem with shifting up in higher RPMs. It would be nice to be able to get neutral while the bike's running too. Then when the cylinders come back, they'll get matched to the to the case.

I want to get this thing running soon! Been at this off and on since December. But the hill climbs are coming up, and I haven't even fired up the WR yet.

Thanks for all the help and positive comments!