Porting cyls w/ racelogic template and 4mil short rod

its all good man. looked back on alot of shit i did and wondered why the hell i did it. im sure people tend to replicate what they see from pictures. pretty sure near every pic around here is knifed and Veed on the bridge so its understandable you would do it similar. try to think outside the box for a better way. maybe look at how other cylinders are and gather some ideas. get a peek at calvins jugs for some ideas. on the stuff i do theres not one sharp edge except where the window joines the bore. but everyone has there own method. keep at it and youll get it sorted out

There hasn't been anything else done to the cylinders since the pics I posted. There should be enough left on the bridge to rework it. With everything that I've been learning, there might be some welding going on. Mostly I'm worried about poking through the outer walls.

I was working on a snowmobile tonight, a 600 twin Rotax. The intake layout... no windows in the piston, and the intake area is completely open into the transfers... just adds to the thought process.

You are doing good. My amateur advice is, that you can always take them off and port more. I´m in round 3 with my cylinders.

If I can remember right, the stock bridge is 11mm wide. In my cylinders it´s now 6mm and knife edge. For my friend I left it at 9mm and more rounded.

You are doing good. My amateur advice is, that you can always take them off and port more. I´m in round 3 with my cylinders.

If I can remember right, the stock bridge is 11mm wide. In my cylinders it´s now 6mm and knife edge. For my friend I left it at 9mm and more rounded.

this is how i did mine. Make a change and note the effect.

• 4 weeks later...

clearly the reply of a parts changer.

suprised you didnt tell him to send it somewhere. hahahh. i know your type, replace spark plugs and turn airscrews are your limitations

im not familiar with banshees or where they need welded. ive welded some other cylinders but explaining where and why would be above your head so i wont bother with the details

im not familiar with banshees or where they need welded. ive welded some other cylinders but explaining where and why would be above your head so i wont bother with the details

Pictures are worth a 1000 words.....

....yep , still waiting on pictures of any of your so called engine work.

Sent from a van down by the river

• 4 weeks later...