Go Pro Hero 3

LaegerEliminator

Any one have a new Go Pro Hero 3, specifically the "Black" ?

I have the original and am thinking about upgrading. I really like the idea of having the remote to operate it.

Thoughts? Experience / Reviews?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I have a hero 3 white, absolutely love it amazing videos and pictures, battery life isn't the best but not terrible and don't bother with the black its not worth the extra money for the remote if you have a smart phone download the gopro app and you can preview the video right on your phone, start recording or stop and store all your videos and pictures on an album right on your phone, if I were to do it again I would get the silver as it is suppose to have better low light performance but either way I am very happy with the white for 199.99

• Like 1

I have the "silver". I haven't used it much yet but I will be getting the remote because it makes things much easier.

When I used it in the clear case there was zero wind noise but couldn't hear the motor either which kinda sucks.

Anyone have the black edition? I know they pulled them off the market for a while to fix some gremlins. But the new release is supposed to be out now. I was waiting to get the newer version and get some updated reviews......

Yeah I was going to get the Black in April....but it got put on back order since they had stopped production to work out some problems. Apparently they have been re-released or are soon to be....

Kinda gun-shy on making a move on one now till I hear some more recent reviews.  

I have a Hero 3 White, didn't buy the Black because of some freezing issues reported. 

Consensus on the Gopro forums is that the write speed of the GoPro recommended Scandisc Ultra Micro SD cards is insufficient, especially when using 'Protune' combined with a 64Gb card. 

I'm using a Scandisc Ultra 36Gb card, and on 720P I can record for 2 hours on a fresh battery. (It does split up the recording into sections though, but these can be spliced seamlessly with the free CineForm software on the Gopro site)

Haven't used the Hero 3 on the banshee yet, only SCUBA and skateboarding. I would use the closed door on the banshee to reduce wind noise.

Overall I'm very happy; I bought the Hero 3 based on my good experience with the original GoPro and all the mounts that I already have.

The new firmware update and the updated app lets you view, control and record straight to your phone, pretty cool.

My bud has a Contour +2 with GPS, awesome little camera, the software shows track and speed when you play back, plus it doesn't look like a toaster on your head.

• Like 1