Go Pro Hero 3

LaegerEliminator

I do everyday, from what I gather its for camera alignment on an app you can download.

If you use the wifi to link with your phone and watch video for long periods it eats battery. But to link with the wireless remote isn't supposed to be an issue.

The camera app works great to verify your camera angles. (My buddy has a hero 3) He uses the phone to check his shot aim and control the camera. But he doesn't use the wifi to watch anything in replay. He watches the footage after our ride.

• Like 1

Isn't the silver a go pro 2 and the white a go pro 1?

No, what's closer to the truth is that the Hero3 White shares the same 5MP sensor as the HeroHD and the Hero3 Silver shares the same 11MP sensor as the Hero2.

All three Hero3 models are smaller then the earlier Hero models and come with WiFi built in as standard. The Hero3 models also use micro SD cards.

Huh? I use the Wifi for my remote.

I strap the remote to my bar clamp and run everything from there. It's perfect when in the dunes. I never have to touch my helmet.

Thanks for all of the feed back!

So with the remote can you see and confirm visually on the remote if you are recording?

With the WiFi and the phone app you can see on your phone what the camera is seeing?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for all of the feed back!

So with the remote can you see and confirm visually on the remote if you are recording?

With the WiFi and the phone app you can see on your phone what the camera is seeing?

Yep.

Windy that might be your shortest reply EVER!!!

That's pretty cool, those features certainly have to greatly reduce all of the little mishaps with using my original.

Nothing worse than thinking you just filmed an awsome ride only to find you didn't... or your angle sucked.....

Nothing worse than thinking you just filmed an awsome ride only to find you didn't... or your angle sucked.....

Been there..

Use the phone to set-up the field of view (and/or control the camera if you like) and the wifi remote to control the camera on the fly. 

Edit: stay away from the Scandisc Ultra Cards

http://www.goprofanatics.com/gopro-hd-hero3/3374-unless-you-want-problems-dont-use-32gb-sandisk-ultra-chips.html

http://www.goprofanatics.com/gopro-hd-hero3/4009-gopro-no-longer-recommends-sandisk-ultra.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...