Go Pro Hero 3

LaegerEliminator

Whats the difference between the go pro 1,2, and 3? Is it just the color and the remote or are they better mega pixels? Im just curious because my little brother has a first gen go pro and the video was really clear on our last ride.

TON!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whats the difference between the go pro 1,2, and 3? Is it just the color and the remote or are they better mega pixels? Im just curious because my little brother has a first gen go pro and the video was really clear on our last ride.

TON!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think my first gen takes just as good of video as the 3

They've been quick sneaky with they're marketing as the only go pro 3 which is better is the black. The white is a rebranded gopro1 and the silver is the old gopro 2.

There is a huge difference between the 2 and 3 black as the frame rate is higher, the higher the frame rate the smoother ( less pixely) the picture. All go pros have a bad picture in dark/darker lighting conditions.

I chose the Sony action cam after plenty of research. Is has a steady shot which reduces the shaking effect, the go pro doesn't come with this.

The colours are a lot nicer, the blue and greens really show through great.

The parts and accessories are far cheaper, amazon do a pack of 2 recharchable batteries for about $15 and they take various different memory cards.

You can also get an 3" LCD screen attachment so it'll act like a handy cam.

And they are cheaper, you can get the non wifi model for £115 over here which is about $175 and they're prob cheaper the USA

You can check out video comparisons on YouTube

• Like 1

on a side note, Contour helmet cams closed up shop on Friday, two days ago. Out of business.

I bought a GoPro 1 when they first came out. It had a few glitches. I bought a Contour HD for my second helmet cam.. It was horrible to use. Waste of money and actually quit working after about a year.

I bought my Hero 2 in 2011 I think and have the LCD backpack, Wifi backpack and remote. It still works flawlessly.

I like how the Hero 3 has Wifi built in. I wish my 2 had that, but I won't drop the money for the 3 just for built in Wifi.