Go Pro Hero 3

LaegerEliminator

Just a heads up, an external mic will make sound clarity a lot better. I bought a $55 external mic off the internet and it's much better for what it is. I just have to hide the mic from the wind. I have yet to try it on my bikes though. Id assume if i put it under the back of my shirt, it would be fine. Also it's ona  go pro 2, not the 3. I have yet to buy a  3. The ability to use your phone and remote is amazing.

How well does the gopro hold up to dirt and mud?

Extremly well. I've gone swimming with mine right off my helmet to get all the dust off.

Water is the issue. It can get everywhere. Through any little crack or opening. And if I'm swimming 10 ft deep with it, I'm not worried about a little dust.

The fuckers broke the sound barrier attached to Felix baumgartner when he did the stratosphere jump. It was like -60 back to 100 degrees is a matter of 13 minutes. I think that is testing enough to prove there worth. Or ken block.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Someone compare this cheap camera to the gopro. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sharper-Image-Full-HD-1080p-Waterproof-Action-Go-Cam-Pro-Video-Digital-Camera-/251425798452?pt=Camcorders_Professional_Video_Cameras&hash=item3a8a253934

They both record in 1080 and have waterproof cases. So my question, what is the difference in video quality? I dont care about wifi or bells or whistles or recording in low light. 

Those cheap rip offs usually dont last very long and the video quality is no match. If you dont want a gopro look at the 'Sony action cam' or the 'Contour 2'

Just spend the extra and get a gopro. I haven't looked at that link but I did a lot of reading and searching trying to find a good camera that didn't cost as much as the gopro but all the cheaper ones had worse video quality and the wind noise reduction was just bad.