Passion Racing Engines

ken b

Well as always there's a few guys looking to flame Jim. Get over it and just run the pipe you prefer, but there is no way you can flame the quality of Jim's motors. I have a 12 port for ice racing and it fucking rips! It took a while to get it and it was worth it. There are several guys who have stated that they have waited 5 months to get their cheetahs back, and it should be noted one of them is a Mat Shearer build. It's time to relax. I get that it sucks waiting and I was frustrated to. But it's kind of the nature of the beast.

I had an issue with a motor last year, builder took 4 months and wouldnt return calls. Finally got a hold and I asked to ahve it sent back to me ASAP. Recieved the motor and sent it out to a new builder. Had good communication, and relatively.... fast turn around....

me too... actually told Jim to send it directly to HJR.( i shouldn't have to wait longer & receive & reship) under 10 day turn around & good communication from kevin!... jim never called me back & the last time i called him he said "hey can I call you back in about 30" thats when I lost it & said NO send it out .talked to alot of builders alot said "I'd be lying to you if I told u it would be only a couple of weeks"" at least they were honest

A friend contacted me about this post and felt I should reply to it.

First and foremost, Ken, I deeply apologize about the wait time on your engine. I also apologize about returned emails etc., for I have just been overwhelmed with phone calls and builds this season. It is by far the busiest season I've had in 15 years, although this fact has nothing to do with the turn-around time on this particular build.

What is truely pathetic, is that the crankshaft that was supplied with your 535 kit that you purchased from another source, was fitted with Chinese rods that would not hold up to the level of power of that kit in its purchased form, not to mention to the level of tune you contracted me to modify it to.

The good news is that supposedly the rods I've been waiting on for your build have been released off of backorder...I should be recieving them soon and then I can wrap this build up.

If it is any concelation, I will give you these rods for free for your inconvenience and suffering. Your kit supplier should have done the same thing as soon as it was pointed out to them.

Rest assure, your 535 will be a dominant force to be delt with....that is a certainty.

To any of my other customers that are still waiting on their builds, I appolgize for the wait as well, it will be worth the wait.

I do not do wham-bam "here ya' go " engine builds. I dont pump out loads of work for instant cash satisfaction... there are multitudes of builders that can satisfy that nich in the market. If your looking for 2 week turn-arounds, some version of Wham-Bam Inc.is always available to supply you with that level of mediocrity. That fact in itself is why I'm so overloaded...if you want the real deal, I will be happy to build it for you.

I thank everyone for their support over the years...Jim Smart

then don't tell us it will be 2 weeks, thats all

I went through all 5 pages of this usless shit and since I took up my time to go through it now I am going to waste everyone elses time with my thoughts on this.

I am not a fan of Jim or Passion and I can be honest about that right up front. The only reason I am not a fan is becasue of the way he has handled many of the situations on this site and the way he has talked tome personally when I have tried to ask him about any of the shit he seems to get in the middle of here. What I dont like is how any time he takes months and months to build a motor which (always seems to be the case) he then loves to throw out there that his shit is not just some off the shelf stuff it is a real racing motor that is better than anything else out there. For fuck sakes if your shit is that amazing stop telling everyone how bad ass your shit is and get out to the even in Utah this weekend and stomp a mud hole in every builder out there and then you will have room to talk. Basically you are saying other builders dont build motors that perform like yours do but every time someone wants to meet up you always back out and wil only show up at the time and spot you chose. I know there are going to be several builds in Utah this weekend and I know they are taking bikes they built. SO JIM SHUT UP AND GO PROVE WHAT YOU REALLY CAN BUILD OR JUST SHUT ALL TOGETHER!!! Dont talk about other builders shit just flat tell people hell I build good motors I am just slow as shit and o ya lots of other builders can build motors that will run just as well as mine in less than half the time just so you know.

I think I wasted enough of everyones time I am done now.

• Like 1

Windycitybrian?

HAHAHA that is pretty good Dave