Passion Racing Engines

ken b

I understand that with back ordered parts there is nothing that can be done but wait. With that said, quick down around times are not necessarily a "wham-bam" build! I had redline do a complete 10cub build from scratch. He also spent quite a bit of time on his dyno to ensure it was just right! The motor was out of my hands for just under a month. Thats with shipping from pa to Oregon and back. I can assure you that its not a "wham-bam" motor! Now maybe i send the motor to him at just the right time, dunno??

I understand that with back ordered parts there is nothing that can be done but wait. With that said, quick down around times are not necessarily a "wham-bam" build! I had redline do a complete 10cub build from scratch. He also spent quite a bit of time on his dyno to ensure it was just right! The motor was out of my hands for just under a month. Thats with shipping from pa to Oregon and back. I can assure you that its not a "wham-bam" motor! Now maybe i send the motor to him at just the right time, dunno??

I think that's quite possible. When I was there in February Cameron had a 10mm crank on hand, that he actually sold the day I showed up. It's probably hit and miss on parts. I know most builders don't stock 10 of everything, but they do keep at least one on hand just in case. The 10mm Cub is a pretty common motors these days. I'm guessing you hit Cam at just the right time.

When you're dealing with cranks, you had better be prepared to wait. CW has horrible lead times. Even for the builders, they can take months. All of our billet cased DMs were 4-5 month builds. Cylinder, crank and cases all took a long time. That's just how it is.

535 Cheetah isn't a fucking 4mm Cub with cranks, pistons and cylinders readily available.

I applaud Jim for doing the RIGHT thing and getting the rods changed, even though it's taking longer than the customer wants. He should be commended for that, not ragged on by a bunch of fucking idiots that think they should have custom built motors in a week.

By no means was i ragging on passion. Just making a point that all quick turn arounds arent wham-bam jobs. And yes, Cam had the crank in stock so all parts were readily available. And ya better not of been referring to me as a fucking idiot!

By no means was i ragging on passion. Just making a point that all quick turn arounds arent wham-bam jobs. And yes, Cam had the crank in stock so all parts were readily available. And ya better not of been referring to me as a fucking idiot!

I wasn't referring to you at all.