Builders Race

srp

I guess Bubba will have to work his magic again on my clutch. How much HP is a 8 plate good for? Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

We use 7 plate set-ups with small to med size motors. They have seen some nitrous testing also. I don't have an answer for the 8 plate because I never ran one. I do have an opinion for it, if I had more information. I'm sure Bubba can take care of the answer. 

Bubba & I have discussed a few things before. I know some of his capabilities (all good) & he may know some of mine if it matters.

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tend to stay out of the "keyboard" racing and let my bikes speak for themselves.........

I am sorry Gary, but you really are out there aren't you???????   If you only knew that Dana rides one of, if not the fastest 370 GAS Hondas out there. Anyone can make an alky bike have power, it takes some knowledge to get power from gas.

You still have not addressed the fact that 200 BMEP is not obtainable from a naturally aspirated, true gas 421cc in the configuration you are speaking of. Also that your pipes are tuned for a temperature that is 100* above the melting point of aluminum.  So if you are really a mathmetician, show me the formula for the 200 BMEP.

BMEP = ( HP * 6500 ) / ( L * RPM )   this is the formula for a 2-cycle engine, so plug away with numbers and show me where you get 200.  Bubba /AKA Dana's builder.....

you made and account just to get in on this circus?  lol  banghead

I tend to stay out of the "keyboard" racing and let my bikes speak for themselves.........

I am sorry Gary, but you really are out there aren't you???????   If you only knew that Dana rides one of, if not the fastest 370 GAS Hondas out there. Anyone can make an alky bike have power, it takes some knowledge to get power from gas.

You still have not addressed the fact that 200 BMEP is not obtainable from a naturally aspirated, true gas 421cc in the configuration you are speaking of. Also that your pipes are tuned for a temperature that is 100* above the melting point of aluminum.  So if you are really a mathmetician, show me the formula for the 200 BMEP.

BMEP = ( HP * 6500 ) / ( L * RPM )   this is the formula for a 2-cycle engine, so plug away with numbers and show me where you get 200.  Bubba /AKA Dana's builder.....

You being dana's husband and builder, it easy to see why you don't understand. Two stroke engines are designed at the crankshaft. Everyone knows but you, the losses through the transmission, chain and rear axle have to be added back in. That number is 19 percent on atv's.

Passion has posted a 465 gasoline video and dyno sheets of a 200+ BMEP engine at the crankshaft, the engine made 113.78 hp at 9400 rpm, that is 201 BMEP at the CRANKSHAFT on gasoline.

Do you not know the temperature during combustion is 4000 Fahrenheit and the exhaust is the hottest during blowdown and then cools progressively until the exhaust port closes? Having an average exhaust temperature of much more than 1000 degrees Fahrenheit will melt the pistons. But the short time the piston is exposed to 4000 degrees during combustion and the short time of blowdown, the pistons do not melt.

You are right about something, it's hard to make big power from gasoline and Passion does it everyday, in fact won a championship at BBDR last year on gasoline with same 465 cub.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g215/passionre/PassionDyno-072011.jpg

A heads up championship? If you won a heads up championship then you have time slips that will prove a lot in all of this mess.

And again I would like to try your pipes on a dyno and your bike with mine. This will end the arguing about the pipes. I honestly only want the most power and could care less about which one is best. I have not used shearer or your pipes before. This year I do have some shearer pipes to use.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Colby, been a member here for over a year. 

Ummmm yeah........... really Gary?

So a motor with a stock flywheel, stock clutch gearset, o'ring chain, and small sprockets through a stock axle will give a 19% drop........

And that means a motor with a lightened flywheel, straight cuts, non-O'ring chain, larger sprockets, and an aluminum axle will give the exact same 19% drop in power.

Try going back and correcting your statements, you state it as if the piston is exposed to 4000* when blowdown begins to occur, when in reality the immediate expansion of gases right after combustion is what starts the cooling, along with what heat is absorbed though the head, piston crown, and cylinder. Of course eveyone but you knows that the loop effect (known by the creator Adolf Schnurle) also helps cool off the top end and exhaust when the auxilaries open. Every single different engine combo will yield different results for operating temps.  But sir.....if you have 4000* going across the piston crown as it exits the cylinder, then melting aluminum is what you will end up with.   What a DUMBASS and I am through arguing with an idiot.  If you actually built motors yourself and used common sense instead of relying 100% strictly on spreadsheets and formulas then maybe you would make sense with some of your statements.

You have to build motors for real world situations, top HP doesnt mean the fastest bike. Tuning is everything and I promise I can tune far better than you ever thought of....... I'm outta here, have fun preaching to the chiorboys. 

I am sorry Gary, but you really are out there aren't you??????? If you only knew that Dana rides one of, if not the fastest 370 GAS Hondas out there. Anyone can make an alky bike have power, it takes some knowledge to get power from gas.

You still have not addressed the fact that 200 BMEP is not obtainable from a naturally aspirated, true gas 421cc in the configuration you are speaking of. Also that your pipes are tuned for a temperature that is 100* above the melting point of aluminum. So if you are really a mathmetician, show me the formula for the 200 BMEP.

BMEP = ( HP * 6500 ) / ( L * RPM ) this is the formula for a 2-cycle engine, so plug away with numbers and show me where you get 200. Bubba /AKA Dana's builder.....

You being dana's husband and builder, it easy to see why you don't understand. Two stroke engines are designed at the crankshaft. Everyone knows but you, the losses through the transmission, chain and rear axle have to be added back in. That number is 19 percent on atv's.

Passion has posted a 465 gasoline video and dyno sheets of a 200+ BMEP engine at the crankshaft, the engine made 113.78 hp at 9400 rpm, that is 201 BMEP at the CRANKSHAFT on gasoline.

Do you not know the temperature during combustion is 4000 Fahrenheit and the exhaust is the hottest during blowdown and then cools progressively until the exhaust port closes? Having an average exhaust temperature of much more than 1000 degrees Fahrenheit will melt the pistons. But the short time the piston is exposed to 4000 degrees during combustion and the short time of blowdown, the pistons do not melt.

You are right about something, it's hard to make big power from gasoline and Passion does it everyday, in fact won a championship at BBDR last year on gasoline with same 465 cub.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g215/passionre/PassionDyno-072011.jpg

Was this motor dynod with in frame pipes or oof? It is nice graph with good numbers either way.

Rabble rabble rabble! Take your show on the road and run it where it counts! I really like Jim, but Gary, stop........ Just freaking stop. Whether your right or wrong just stop! Hell you guys don't even have to be the tuners and racers. Find someone you know who is really spot on and give them full support with your product and put them in to the 300' race with the other big names.

(brad painter perhaps?)

You do realize that if you do hit LS for The HQ ride and it is a failure that you are pretty much finished. You will never get whatever it is that you want from people by peak dyno numbers and racing dune goons.

You can dyno better and then people will still say they want track results. I get that you guys have a 500' champion running your stuff. But you need to realize that 99% of the fellas on here have no idea what 500' racing is, nor do they give a shit about it. Hell Brad posted times slips and got bashed because people only know how to analyze 300' runs.

I applaud the fact that you are trying to put out another contender in the pipe choices, but it has to be as much of a performer as you claim. Not just some pretty piece of jewelry for a bike.( credit given, they are flawless in fab) So for real, you need to quit playing candy land if you wanna learn how to dominate monopoly. Make sense? So pack your trailer!