Whats everyones thoughts on the 2-1 setup?

For me having to re-jet on the trail and have all my buddies wait for me is a real pain. I have had to do it plenty with my blaster. Temperature, humidity and octane changes all come into play. So when I seen that there is a single carb setup for the banshee I thought this would be a great way to cut down on the jetting time. I also have heard that it can greatly improve low end torque. My question is what size carb would you go with if your making around 60 hp? I would think that the 34-35 would be to small. I'm running a 35 pwk on my 68mm, 160 psi, 35 hp blaster. Wouldn't a 40mm be more appropriate for a modded banshee?

I think they are great!!!! Especially for people who do not mind there bikes being a turd and running like shit. :jesterlaugh:

Snomo manifold off an early yamaha 440 exciter! I am serious. The Trinity and Chariot just choke it off and they are the units most have tested and got bogus results from. with the proper manifold/carb combo it can work. Just steer clear of the 2/1 pipes though. My buddy has a 38mm on a clean up port 4mm set up with the manifold off my old snomo, and that shit is killer for trails. It doesnt fall on its face in the revs either. every one will bash me for it, but they have never tested anything but gimmic era 2/1 manifolds

Graydon 2 into 1 with a 35PWK. FTW :headbang:

You can find the Graydons on ebay ever once and a while. (They don't make them any more.)

I have a 370 long rod motor that made 63HP with the single carb.

Turbo, you have a PM.

Snomo manifold off an early yamaha 440 exciter! I am serious. The Trinity and Chariot just choke it off and they are the units most have tested and got bogus results from. with the proper manifold/carb combo it can work. Just steer clear of the 2/1 pipes though. My buddy has a 38mm on a clean up port 4mm set up with the manifold off my old snomo, and that shit is killer for trails. It doesnt fall on its face in the revs either. every one will bash me for it, but they have never tested anything but gimmic era 2/1 manifolds

What do you mean choke it off? If you measure the opening of ours you will find it bigger than trinity and not choking the airflow off. Of course you do not want 2 into 1 if you want to drag race the same banshee with 2 carbs, all else being equal.

Gimmick? Absolutely not a gimmick. If you want easy tuning buy a 2 in 1. If you want relief for your thumb buy a 2 in 1. If you want seat of the pants better grunt for a trail bike buy 2 in 1. If you want to spend less money on your intakes and carbs together buy a 2 in 1.

Everyone knows that a reed spacer improves the low end grunt but not the top end. A 2 in 1 acts a bit like a reed spacer.

I am ok with someone calling something a gimmick unless they use my brand name in the statement.

If you want the fastest bike in a drag race then don't get a two in 1 but if you want to have the most fun in the trails there is no reason you can't have a 2 in 1.

We have three shop bikes and they all have two into one intakes. Our shop bikes have had many many cylinder and pipe combinations on them for testing and riding. Most cylinders that we make intakes for have been on our shop bikes. I make intakes for twisters, stock, cheetah's, and dm's so I don't care if you buy a 2 in 1 or dual intakes because we make and sell them all.

Don't get this post wrong, it is not meant to be negative just my opinion.

I see you are from Michigan and I hope that you have our single intakes on your bike and our happy with them but don't be decieved by the 2 in 1 bashing because they have their place.

Thanks

Jerry

• Like 1

Hey windycity , what exhaust are you running?

We're running FMF Fatty's on the 2 into 1 bikes.

I also have heard that it can greatly improve low end torque.

Depends on what your idea of what 'low end' is.

Go look in the dyno room, you won't find any chart that starts below 3000RPM...

'Low end' and 'banshee' should not be used in the same sentence.

An interesting note on the 2 into 1 intakes is that there are very few being RESOLD compared to how many have been sold. We sell a lot of them and so do our competitors. The reasons given for wanting a 2 into 1 intake are true and almost always those purchasing them are happy with the results.

We have had DM and Cheetah anc billet cylinders on or shop bikes. I get them on and off the bike as quickly as possible only because of the type of riding the bikes are used for recreationally speaking. Our best setup so far for trails is the 4 mil serval with 2 into 1 intakes and shearer 2 into 1 pipe.

Of course, everyone must realize that I am a WUS when it comes to super speed and drag racing. Slow and steady is my motto!! I might should ride a Honda!

Jerry

• 7 months later...

Sorry to bump a older thread but I recently purchased the 2-1 Setup from Zillafreak.

My Banshee:

96 Stock heads (Possibly 68mm bore), Old DG pipes and silencers. Everything else stock but I ordered up a adjustable timing plate.

Trying to get a good base jet setup for the 2-1 setup using a keihin pe 34mm carb. Im at 7000ft elevation but plan on riding in the St Anthony dunes which are 5000ft in elevation. Zillafreak suggested 145/45 and eek needle. I just want to get a few opinions so I can order the jets. Im having trouble finding a jet kit. Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

get a good manifold, dont get a shit one, you would really only want like a 35-36mm carb, that will suffice for the most part. i wouldn't go bigger than a 38mm.

i personally think the trinity one is 100% trash, the cascade one is better but still not good. the graydon is nice, but i have a manifold i could set up that will have a boot for a 36mm carb for you.

i ran this manifold on my engine with fmfs and it ran great. made over 60hp.

here is a dyno run from 3K rpm

376958_431997780172000_1858403563_n.jpg

was this with EFI installed?