Whats everyones thoughts on the 2-1 setup?

Theres some really good info on here about how a carb works and tuning theory. Learn what makes them tick and it will be so much easier. Its like people who want to port their shit but refuse to learn the science behind it.

I run pj carbs like trickedcarbine, arguably one of the hardest carbs to tune. First time on my new setup it took me 30 min to get it dune ready. Currently tweaking from there.

If its sputting its rich. Surging or cutting out is lean. Put some ride time on it and check the plugs.

I've been checking plugs constantly. The overall plug that I keep in it looks great. I've done several plug chops now. I started at 320 and keep on going richer size by size. I'm still lean with 390's in it. I did a mid throttle plug chop and it looks a tad to rich. So I move the clips on the needles one slot leaner. Haven't got back out to check the needle change yet.

I ported my own stuff for two reasons. First is the price tag of porting. I'm on a budget. Second, I can say I did all the work myself and it not be an exaggeration.

Great thing about banshees is how fast you can have the motor out. Gotta love it.

the 390's were in a pump gas 421 i built that is in the ole outlaw i had.    i'm not 100% sure on that jet size..    i dont jet according to a specific size  i jet to what the motor wants.

dang coup.  i recently switched my wifes 350 from pump to alky and back to pump at the dunes last trip.  took me about 10 minutes to make the changes..   rode it on gas in the morning cause we were just crusin  then switched to alky to burn up the stuff i had lying around and to do a lil racin..   lectrons are awesome..   pj's are a turd to jet but after you get the neelde right its not as bad  still a pile of shit carb in my opinion..

I ran another leakdown test after a run to the local hardware store for two fittings to go into the carb boots. I pump it up to 7 pounds and it starts loosing pressure steadily. Takes about 2 mins for it to wind down to 1 pound then it holds. I sprayed everything down with soap/water and I've got nothing. I pulled the stator cover off to change out the stator and I sprayed down the case side and seal and no bubbles. Next I'll have to pull the clutch side and spray that down. I'll probably have to pull the motor and reseal the case in the end. Sigh..........

You can test the clutch side crank seal with the cover on. Block one of the case vent hoses, then check for air coming out of the other when you pump it up.

Wow, testing worked! Its been a week since I have been able to respond to thread. The panda cloud malware promt keep coming up with every click and I couldn't post anything. Now I get a generic web version but I'm able to post. What is up with Banshee HQ????

I pulled the motor and got it on the bench. I pressurized the case and sprayed it down with soap. I got bubbles in the front section of the case half. I pulled the bottom half off and I found some inconsistencies in the sealing surfaces. I either have to true the case half or have a little welding and repair or buy another case half. I'm glad that I found the leak though. Its 2 1/2 before our up north guys ATV trip. I'm not going to have it completely how I want the bike to be but it will be trail worthy. I'd like to get the IMS 4.0 gallon tank on it. The body skid plate, PMR rear heal guards and nice looking black plastics.

I got my internals switched over today. I let the yamaha bond set for a few hours and re tested. Holds 7 psi for several minutes now. Just gotta get it back in the bike and go make some plug chop runs. I'm thinking that I probably start with 360 mains. After 370 I got a bog before the power band.

I did. I got it back together and back in the bike today. It fired right up and I took it on a 200 ft street run. It felt good with the 350 mains. Its suppose to be 80 here tomorrow. I'm going to take it to my plug chop run and see where I'm at WOT. Time is ticking for the trip. I still have a cfm air box to install after its dialed in and then I'm going to mount a storage box for the oil. Then it should be ready for the trip.