Whats everyones thoughts on the 2-1 setup?

I'm going to try both dual and single carbs setups. The power band with the single hits really hard. Plus I have one cylinder buring richer then the other so I'm going to try dual carbs to see if I can balance that out a bit.

I'm going to try both dual and single carbs setups. The power band with the single hits really hard. Plus I have one cylinder buring richer then the other so I'm going to try dual carbs to see if I can balance that out a bit.

Report back with results. My buddy had a 2/1 that kept burning odd like that on one side. No leaks or electrical issues.

I will report back with results. I'm thinking that I might have to jet one a bit richer then the other to balance them out. I bought a rebuild kit, idle screws, tors eliminator cable several main jets and a flow meter. I'm going with pod air filters for now till I get it dialed in and then go to a cfm air box if I like the dual over the single.

Seems to flow fine for me, see instead of spending my weekends tinkering for horsepower I spend my weekends riding

Yeah it made it less complicated for you to tune now that there is just one carb. But there is still a TON of performance to be had in other 2/1 set ups. Both the trinity and chariot units are just garbage in my opinion. I like chariot but that piece isn't meant to perform, just make life easy for the newer tuners on trail type bikes. Just because it needed less tinkering doesn't mean it flows very well. Those choked out Billit intakes are why so many folks say they won't work.

I have the duals on now and I have been trying to tune them in. 370 and 360 were way to rich. I went to a 330 and 320, it is better, still seems rich. I moved the needle clip up two spots and now the RH w/ the 320 is backfiring. Backfire = too lean?

Round 3: I have 330 main's. 25 pilots needle on middle clip. No back fire now. Did a street run up to 3rd gear. The power band is much more smooth then the single carb. It still flutters at WOT. Its hard to tell if its rich or lean at WOT. I would have to guess a tad rich. I won't know untill I can do some WOT runs up to sixth and plug chop it. However I already like the way the dual's feel versus the single carb.