Shearer or sniper pipes

How similar are your 24mm DM inframes to Control's 10mil super serval pipes as far as shape and contours? I'd imagine you'd need an adaptor or sleeve on the flange to run them on a cub?

Yes, I'll need a reducer flange. My local machine shop should be able to make that.

As far as shape goes, they're similar but definitely not identical.

Yes. I don't have the graphs. Sniper was less at nearly all RPMs.

That is not true and you know it. Sniper made 4 more from the hit of the throttle and made within .5 to 1 horse-power at peak with nothing but a pipe change. The bike had no gearing and no load at all, your dyno test was only good to see what pipe had the smallest stinger.

This is nothing more than the payback for Jim and myself not building you a free 649 DM. You held the performance of Jim's 10 mill cub ransom for more than a year when it was running faster than the world record at the time and you wanted to get paid for it, the record was 3.73 and you were at 3.71 at two tracks. You were asked why don't you have the world record in the 10 mill class, you said "because you did not check your fuel". That's the very reason you did not get an engine.

On top of that a 10 mill cub on methanol making only 104 horsepower is not even tuned in properly, and yet it runs faster than the world record at the time.

What's crazy is that the in-frames are the exact opposite. They pull harder than anything else from right off idle.

I want to try to run my in-frame LEDs with my new 4mm motor this winter against the Snipers, just to see what they will do.

The LEDs were built for my 24 but I am thinking they might perform on my 4mm.

if arlen spent any amount of time making the 24mill pipes specificly for that engine, they wont even be close for a 4mill. everything about them would be all wrong. im quit sure he would tell you this. cobbling them on with a 'reducer' flange isn't something he would recommend either.

if arlen spent any amount of time making the 24mill pipes specificly for that engine, they wont even be close for a 4mill. everything about them would be all wrong. im quit sure he would tell you this. cobbling them on with a 'reducer' flange isn't something he would recommend either.

Point?

That is not true and you know it. Sniper made 4 more from the hit of the throttle and made within .5 to 1 horse-power at peak with nothing but a pipe change. The bike had no gearing and no load at all, your dyno test was only good to see what pipe had the smallest stinger.

This is nothing more than the payback for Jim and myself not building you a free 649 DM. You held the performance of Jim's 10 mill cub ransom for more than a year when it was running faster than the world record at the time and you wanted to get paid for it, the record was 3.73 and you were at 3.71 at two tracks. You were asked why don't you have the world record in the 10 mill class, you said "because you did not check your fuel". That's the very reason you did not get an engine.

On top of that a 10 mill cub on methanol making only 104 horsepower is not even tuned in properly, and yet it runs faster than the world record at the time.

Post up the graphs then. I can dig them up if you want. If I didn't pay $800 for a pipe advertised to have 10 more hp than the next best pipe it wouldn't have been such a bitter deal.

Why would I sell pipes that made good power? What is this ransom you speak of? I have spent well over $100k on drag racing Banshees. I need a hand out??!!!!! Never had a hand out in my life.

3.7s for a 10 mil was slow then, and it's laughable now. Menz 3.97 Cub was running 3.6s at that time.

Dyno was ran by Menz. Enough said.

Now I have the Record 650cc bike at 3.39, and a 521 that will likely bust into the 3.4s.

Would having yours or Jim's name associated with that be good for your business? I don't know. Probably not. But I never asked for free shit.

Oh, and where is Jim now? I never jumped on the bandwagon and bashed the guy.

But here ya go.

Jim:

"You're gonna need to run a pvl on that 10 mil Cub. My motors are so powerful they destroy stock flywheels."

"You're gonna need an 80 roll out 16 ripper to go along with that 10 mil Cub."

Me: "ok, order the pvl" "I'll get some tires"

Took the pvl off and went faster. Never ran the tires because they were too ridiculous for that build.

We accidentally dynoed some big LEDs on a little motor and I think it made 60 HP or so!!! We had flange adaptors there and were trying all kinds of pipes and didn't realize we had Cougar pipes or something.

We accidentally dynoed some big LEDs on a little motor and I think it made 60 HP or so!!! We had flange adaptors there and were trying all kinds of pipes and didn't realize we had Cougar pipes or something.

That may very well be the case.

I just figured since I have them I'd try them and see.

Cause SCP or nothin

Cause wrong f'in pipes!!! Tuned length, volume, stinger diameter.... Of course those are all wrong for a small motor if set up for a big ass motor! Why you gotta make it a SCP thing? Results would've been bad with any brand pipe like that.