29L/R STRIKES AGAIN

Why the hell is it every freakin ass time a guy buys a crank in california, texas , new jersey or freakin ebay and it fails cuz its got a junk rod does somebody even mention Andy at M/M , No Limit .

STFU with that stuff. Those arent his cranks failing.

Edited by RadarRacing

Thank you

I think I should get 10 or 20 hotrod cranks out that have failed (and yes I have em) and throw some pics up so everybody that has a hotrod crank will tear there motor down and buy a crank from me. But that may be a lil shady...

If someone out there has one of these cranks I guess I should tell you to shut your bike off asap...no just run it, tune it, take care of it, if it breaks call me.

Thank you

I think I should get 10 or 20 hotrod cranks out that have failed (and yes I have em) and throw some pics up so everybody that has a hotrod crank will tear there motor down and buy a crank from me. But that may be a lil shady...

If someone out there has one of these cranks I guess I should tell you to shut your bike off asap...no just run it, tune it, take care of it, if it breaks call me.

To bad your a nice guy and a business owner cause it would be nice to tell people to fuck off. You explained it once, and it still gets brought up. Shit breaks. I would love to play the blame game when I break things but 99.9% of the time it's my fault or directly related to my doing. Like you said we are building custom motors. If you can't or don't want to do it right then pay to have it done. In the shop we have this thing called"asshole tax" that is the money you lose doing something half ass and it fails and you end up paying twice for shit. Asshole tax. I don't think you should explain anything.

Thank you

i made it clear in the other thread that I nor any of the bikes i have build had your crank in it....i personally dont know of any one around my way that runs a M/M crank

I DID repeat WHAT roger at wicked told me....and to be truthful....ONE OF THESE CRANKS THAT BROKE CAME FROM HIM!!!...AND IT COST OVER $700+

AND IF you remember i sent you a crank that had a cracked web to fix,but the owner changed his mind...that crank also came from WICKED!!

all the others came from e-bay or someone else i dont want to name

ALSO i believe it was you who told me first that the 29lr rods were breaking and that why you didnt or stop using them.

I

Edited by stroking

Maybe we can go about this a bit more scientifically.

A couple thoughts here: one, this isn't about blame; I very much doubt the reputable builders here would knowingly sell inferior hardware. I realize they're also in an awkward position on this - if they give us the results of any serious technical analysis of the cranks or crank parts on the market, whether theirs or another company's, they're also handing that info to their competitors.

On the other hand, "trust me" is sort of a tough pill to swallow when we're talking about exceedingly expensive motors. It's a given that correct installation and tuning is essential to crank longevity, but it's also a bit silly to pretend that the quality of a crank is an insignificant factor. All this "any crank can fail" stuff fully misses the point, i think, that some cranks will fail more than others. There's nothing unreasonable about trying to work out, as a community, which cranks those are.

So, to the point, two proposals: one, that we set up a form similar to the jetting questionnaire to log crank failures, incl type and location of failure, type of rods and bearings, other motor mods, known contributing issues (air leaks, improper squish, etc), riding style and approximate ride time. This is essentially what dealerships do to know if a part has an unusually high rate of failure.

Second thought is we could take a collection for independent metallurgical analysis of available cranks on the market, which could be posted here for the benefit of all. I have no idea what this costs but would be happy to look into it. Any engineers here want to pipe up?

• Like 1

A couple thoughts here: one, this isn't about blame; I very much doubt the reputable builders here would knowingly sell inferior hardware. I realize they're also in an awkward position on this - if they give us the results of any serious technical analysis of the cranks or crank parts on the market, whether theirs or another company's, they're also handing that info to their competitors.

On the other hand, "trust me" is sort of a tough pill to swallow when we're talking about exceedingly expensive motors. It's a given that correct installation and tuning is essential to crank longevity, but it's also a bit silly to pretend that the quality of a crank is an insignificant factor. All this "any crank can fail" stuff fully misses the point, i think, that some cranks will fail more than others. There's nothing unreasonable about trying to work out, as a community, which cranks those are.

So, to the point, two proposals: one, that we set up a form similar to the jetting questionnaire to log crank failures, incl type and location of failure, type of rods and bearings, other motor mods, known contributing issues (air leaks, improper squish, etc), riding style and approximate ride time. This is essentially what dealerships do to know if a part has an unusually high rate of failure.

Second thought is we could take a collection for independent metallurgical analysis of available cranks on the market, which could be posted here for the benefit of all. I have no idea what this costs but would be happy to look into it. Any engineers here want to pipe up?

BHQ is no place for scientific thoughts

That was so scientific, it blew my mind! LOL