yfz conversion fix

Darthwall

I have been cheching things out on these for awhile If I made some upper or lower arms to correct the prob who would be interested? It would either be the tops with heimjoints. or the the lowers the same maybe not I figure if I can make a decent set work great and make it so the yfz shocks give us what they are capable of doing and at the least get the 1" or so we lost who would be in?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm running aty racing arms and if you go with there ball joints they will need a 1/2 inch squashed 1 tubing and i run them thick no other they are only about 650 a set ive got mine for free and thet onley needed a fifty 50 $ set of upper heims and a 50$ SET OFJOINTS why don't you make A SET of arms with joints I'm getting about 19 on my travel with 17 shocks buds <_<

I am talking about using the upper arm and building a lower so the joints would line up and move the shock mount up so the the front would be a long travel meening a shock mount is placed more forward. anyways it would be replacing 2 arms instead of 4 meaning cost for build would be low I know there are a ton of builders out there but I havent seen this yet

actually, i've seen someone running different uppers for correction. i believe vic (LIM whiteboy?) idk about the shocks (i've been thinking about making brackets to move the upper shock mounts a little) but it can correct, and allow you adjust the caster/camber, in stead of being stuck with the radical angle you get. it's like 12-14 degrees, if i remember, and anywhere from 3-7 is normally what you want

ahh, well, ok. i can tell you theat the biggest problem with yfz arms is the upper and shock clearance, keeping the geometry messed up.....to run a lower that fixes, i think you would end up with the wheels further back than stock, instead of forward

ahh, well, ok. i can tell you theat the biggest problem with yfz arms is the upper and shock clearance, keeping the geometry messed up.....to run a lower that fixes, i think you would end up with the wheels further back than stock, instead of forward

yes I know the upper arm prob but this fix could go either way if its a dune bike the uppers with corrected lower would make the arms close to a .5" and maybe 1"forward. if you keep the bottom arms its more like a +3+2 and if you move the shock mount closer to the body you get more travel I am no professional fab guy by any means but can get shit done

i have bought a few sets of used arms for 200-250 why screw with crap just get the right shit the first time..

NOW i have been thinking of a fully modded stock chassis with big degree offset in the frame front end and maybe use 09 yfz front end...