yfz conversion fix

Darthwall

Mattscesc who ask for your advice and opinion? It wasn't me, and I don't see any post from any other members asking you what you think about me or the stuff I posted.

Oh, and just to prove that you, once again, don't do your research, I stayed out of this thread, until I was asked my opinion.

Can Matt or someone clarify what I'm missing here if he is on the right track? I'd hate to be misinformed or have others misinformed by this.

So, in conclusion, you need to actually READ before you open your mouth... if you DO YOUR RESEARCH, you will see that I did not say one word in this thread, until another member asked my opinion. You did not like my response, hence your overwhelming bitterness.

The facts are the facts... sorry dude...

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You three and the others like you are keeping this forum from being successful to its full potential.

Haha, another thing I noticed due to a lack of research.

I guess you haven't noticed over 1 MILLION posts, and 22,540 members (and counting).

Research, research, research!

Still waiting on your explanation for "gas shocks"...

MattSCESC, on 20 January 2011 - 01:57 PM, said:

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

Are you kidding me? This topic has been beat to DEATH for the last 5 years. Maybe rather than thinking you came up with some NOVEL idea, do a search, Hundreds, IF NOT THOUSANDS of people, attempted what you did, and failed, just like you did. It's nothing new. But you seem to think it is.

I'm still up for the challenge of trying to build a bike that handles better than yours. In fact, every bike that I've touched would already win... just ask my customers.

Wow, Really? It must have been very difficult to have to deal with so many stupid questions from inferior minds for the last FIVE years...oh wait; you haven't been here for FIVE years because you joined in 2009.

And everyone who can't/doesn't want to spend $5000 on the top of the line suspension setup MUST FAIL per MattSCESC. Quess what Matt, I and many other bought an almost new set of YFZ450 shocks for like 300 bucks off ebay verses 1600+ for a set of Elkas, PEPs, Axis. Are YZF450 shock better than those mentioned? NO way! Are YFZ450 shocks better than stock banshee shocks? Absolutely.

Bottom line, I’ve watched you jump on peoples shit many times (especially noobs to the site) so you can show off how knowledgeable you are. :yank: Not very professional or becoming of a site sponsor if you ask me.

You don't hear of Jeff @FAST or Kevin @HJR or Jim @ Passion pipe up every time someone talks of porting their own cylinders do you? That type of behavior just drives away new members to the site and possible customers for all of the site sponsors. :shootself:

View Postgotta_gofast, on 20 January 2011 - 02:37 PM, said:

Wow, this turned kinda sour!

Thack, you need to understand that Matt is a professional. He knows more about the inside of a shock than most guys know about the inside of a pussy. As he said, the YFZ thing HAS been beat to death. Its a cobbled system that works better than stock... but if you rode a banshee with a properly setup suspension-that costs similar to what most have spent after their "trial and error" YFZ mess-you will find yourself scratching your head wondering "WTF was I thinking".

Matt is passionate about banshee suspension (he used to own one).

And that’s just what he wants people to believe.

Hey, I'm passionate about banshees! Maybe I should talk down to people too?

Ps – Sorry if people think I’m being a dick here, some people just rub me the wrong way. Lol :cheers:

You miss my point dude. I'm sure you my have some valuable info to contribute here. It's just the condescending tone that annoys me.

But whatever, we can agree to disagree. To avoid future confrontation I’ll do my best to ignore you from now on.

Have a great day :cheers:

MattSCESC, on 20 January 2011 - 01:57 PM, said:

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

Are you kidding me? This topic has been beat to DEATH for the last 5 years. Maybe rather than thinking you came up with some NOVEL idea, do a search, Hundreds, IF NOT THOUSANDS of people, attempted what you did, and failed, just like you did. It's nothing new. But you seem to think it is.

I'm still up for the challenge of trying to build a bike that handles better than yours. In fact, every bike that I've touched would already win... just ask my customers.

Wow, Really? It must have been very difficult to have to deal with so many stupid questions from inferior minds for the last FIVE years...oh wait; you haven't been here for FIVE years because you joined in 2009.

And everyone who can't/doesn't want to spend $5000 on the top of the line suspension setup MUST FAIL per MattSCESC. Quess what Matt, I and many other bought an almost new set of YFZ450 shocks for like 300 bucks off ebay verses 1600+ for a set of Elkas, PEPs, Axis. Are YZF450 shock better than those mentioned? NO way! Are YFZ450 shocks better than stock banshee shocks? Absolutely.

Bottom line, I’ve watched you jump on peoples shit many times (especially noobs to the site) so you can show off how knowledgeable you are. :yank: Not very professional or becoming of a site sponsor if you ask me.

You don't hear of Jeff @FAST or Kevin @HJR or Jim @ Passion pipe up every time someone talks of porting their own cylinders do you? That type of behavior just drives away new members to the site and possible customers for all of the site sponsors. :shootself:

View Postgotta_gofast, on 20 January 2011 - 02:37 PM, said:

Wow, this turned kinda sour!

Thack, you need to understand that Matt is a professional. He knows more about the inside of a shock than most guys know about the inside of a pussy. As he said, the YFZ thing HAS been beat to death. Its a cobbled system that works better than stock... but if you rode a banshee with a properly setup suspension-that costs similar to what most have spent after their "trial and error" YFZ mess-you will find yourself scratching your head wondering "WTF was I thinking".

Matt is passionate about banshee suspension (he used to own one).

And that’s just what he wants people to believe.

Hey, I'm passionate about banshees! Maybe I should talk down to people too?

Ps – Sorry if people think I’m being a dick here, some people just rub me the wrong way. Lol :cheers:

My intentions were good. I wrote on this thread for one simple reason. I wanted to let the other Banshee owners know you could fix the bad geometry of the YFZ Suspension swap with a set of after market adjustable a arms, and the out come is good IMO. I searched the internet for countless hours back in August and September looking for some one who had attempted the YFZR suspension swap and I didn't see any threads on this forum or any of the others, not to say there wasn't but I didn't see any.

As far as this challenge a bunch of you are wanting to do with my Suspension vs Your Suspension is it really worth it. I mean what are you guys going to do? Buy a Banshee and build a custom upgraded suspension, and drive to Kentucky just to prove a point? Who's going to judge the better performing suspension? Different people like different set ups so theres a chance they might like like my so called Cobbled up set up better. You all took it the wrong way when I said you couldn't get a better riding or performing suspension. I made that statement based on the amount of money I have tied up, the appearance, and the improvement over the stock Banshee Suspension. I have about $1,000 dollars tied up in my suspension.

Full Flight +3+1 a arms/tie rods.

2009 YFZR shocks, spindles, hubs, steering stem, and front brakes.

All Ball's Upgraded Bearings Races and seals on all four hubs, and carrier assembly.

Forward Power Sports +1+1 Forged Rear Axle.

Don't get me wrong if you guys weren't being ass holes I would love to ride, and compare bikes. Theres no reason to act like a Jack Ass and smart off. A civil response, question, suggestion, or asking me to clarify something I said would have been fine. I'm on here to learn and try to contribute. These other guys are not jumping on you for running YFZ Shocks and saying you like them, or calling your bike a cobbled up failure.

man you guys tore this shit way off track it's geometry shit it works im not selling a kit it's for people who got screwed in the beginning this will fix the steering prob shock angel will be next

Thack, you must not have looked very hard!! I've read most all threads covering front ends. trying to decide which way to go. Seeing I have a J-arm that I just re-painted and knowing that the YFZ front end is a love/hate thing that might be a willing to admit failure thing, I'm just getting new Js. Soon as Stellar has the site back up so I can see what he has cause seems no one else makes them now. Still undecided on shocks as far as length, stock or extended. I'm all for making and modifying, I'd make my own Js if I had a bender, I've got a welder, have had 3 different jobs as a welder so that's not an issue. But at the end of the day the YFZ swap doesn't sound all that great. JMHO, your results and opinion may (and will) vary. :jesterlaugh::cheers:

I have the stock rear shock and works fronts. My fronts have to be the cheapest made cause there are no adjustments on them. Matt you think you could set them up for a 210 pound rider? I was just thinking about if they could be saved or not and I figured that this post would probably get a ton move views so I could get a few options… but please don’t yell at me I cry easily.

I have the stock rear shock and works fronts. My fronts have to be the cheapest made cause there are no adjustments on them. Matt you think you could set them up for a 210 pound rider? I was just thinking about if they could be saved or not and I figured that this post would probably get a ton move views so I could get a few options… but please don’t yell at me I cry easily.

It would be better to just message Matt or e-mail him...

So this entire thread is about you running Full Flight a-arms with 450 shocks? What's so special about that? Nearly every a-arm manufacturer makes arms now to run 450 shocks...

Also, I think you need to do more research...

"Gas shocks"?

I was referring to the Nitrogen Gas Reservoirs.