yfz conversion fix

Darthwall

If you built it to run XC then why the fuck would you get +3+1 a arm kit..You couldn't get anywhere with that. FAIL and another FAIL to you and the creator of this post for talkin about how great your cobbled frontends are.

My Banshee doesn't set any wider in the front than a YFZ-450X (A bike built for Hare Scrambles), with the YFZ Shocks and the added ground clearance it only sets 2 inches wider. I would run circles around you in a Hare Scramble! Your suspension set up isn't as good as my "Cobbled Front End" set up. You don't even have gas shocks. Why don't you cut everyone a break and keep your mouth shut.:D

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Banshee doesn't set any wider in the front than a YFZ-450X (A bike built for Hare Scrambles), with the YFZ Shocks and the added ground clearance it only sets 2 inches wider. I would run circles around you in a Hare Scramble! Your suspension set up isn't as good as my "Cobbled Front End" set up. You don't even have gas shocks. Why don't you cut everyone a break and keep your mouth shut.:D

You said it's no wider than a 450X, yet in the next sentence you say it's only about 2 inches wider. Your a goofball...End of story.

In previous posts it came off to me that you were using the entire front end from the yfzr, hence my confusion and the confusion of others. I wasn't trying to be a dick I just didn't want someone who didn't have a clue to come through and confuse what you were saying at it's face value and spread misinformation.

I'm not sure what makes you think my bike is being set up for mx? shrug03.gif As of right now I have a +2 +1 lsr front end with tripple rate works for around 500. Not a bad deal and no head aches. beer.gif

In previous posts it came off to me that you were using the entire front end from the yfzr, hence my confusion and the confusion of others. I wasn't trying to be a dick I just didn't want someone who didn't have a clue to come through and confuse what you were saying at it's face value and spread misinformation.

I'm not sure what makes you think my bike is being set up for mx? shrug03.gif As of right now I have a +2 +1 lsr front end with triple rate works for around 500. Not a bad deal and no head aches. :cheers:

I'm sorry then, I apologize. I'm new, and I get a lot of good information from this site. I'm only telling people what I did to fix my problems, and I feel like I'm being attacked. I know I'm not right about everything (for example the Steering Stabilizer Box) But I still feel like a lot of good information can be obtained from my post. I agree with you and the others on this thread; the Complete YFZR suspension won't work without frame modification, and the 06 and later YFZ Conversions not for everyone.

I already had the new YFZR components shocks, spindles, hubs, steering stem, brakes. I went ahead and ordered the Full Fight (For YFZ shocks) because I had come too, I was at the end of the line. I either had to cut the frame, or cut the a arms. I had learned my lesson quick with the a arms and I wasn't about to cut my frame up. When the Full Flight a arms came in I was able to adjust them and make the updated 450R parts work.

I'm running the longer 2009 YFZR Shocks, so my Banshee only sets about 4-4.5 inches "total" wider then it did in its stock form. What I did gain was ground clearance actually a little more than I wanted. I ended up swapping my 21X7-10 front tires out for a set of 20X6-10 fronts, so that took care of a inch there. I didn't get the tape measure out and measure before and after but I'd say my Banshee sets 1-1.5 inches higher in the front vs my Banshee in it's stock form.

I'm going to post some pictures of my Banshee next week as soon as I get the new graphic kits are done. I have interchangeable front Plastic. I can either run my new Maier "Raptor" style front or my new Maier OEM style front end. I need the graphic kits to fade the red fronts into the Black rears. I know better than post a picture of a Banshee on this forum with the "Raptor" style front end. The HQ members would roast me over a open flame. After I get good pictures of my Banshee on here along with a updated Build sheet. I think it will answer a lot of questions. I apologize again, you have none of the three negative attributes I listed in my previous post, your response surprised me, please take a look at my pictures next week, and let me know how you think my project Banshee came out.

:cheers:

Edited by Thack82

You said it's no wider than a 450X, yet in the next sentence you say it's only about 2 inches wider. Your a goofball...End of story.

What was the highest grade you completed in school? I'm guessing you dropped out mid to late (7th or 8th grade) middle school. Your referring to this statement:

My Banshee doesn't set any wider in the front than a YFZ-450X (A bike built for Hare Scrambles), with the YFZ Shocks and the added ground clearance it only sets 2 inches wider.

Do to the fact that your a retard and can't comprehend the meaning of this simple sentence, I will break it down and try to be more clear. My banshee is NOT any wider in the front than the new (2010-2011) YFZ-450X that Yamaha manufactures and markets towards ATV riders that run Hare Scrambles, or simply trail ride. My Banshee with the new suspension set up sets about two "2" inches wider on both the left and right side for a total of four "4" inches VS my Banshee in it's stock form (meaning how wide the front end was when it rolled off the show room floor)

I hope this helps you out.

What was the highest grade you completed in school? I'm guessing you dropped out mid to late (7th or 8th grade) middle school. Your referring to this statement:

My Banshee doesn't set any wider in the front than a YFZ-450X (A bike built for Hare Scrambles), with the YFZ Shocks and the added ground clearance it only sets 2 inches wider.

Do to the fact that your a retard and can't comprehend the meaning of this simple sentence, I will break it down and try to be more clear. My banshee is NOT any wider in the front than the new (2010-2011) YFZ-450X that Yamaha manufactures and markets towards ATV riders that run Hare Scrambles, or simply trail ride. My Banshee with the new suspension set up sets about two "2" inches wider on both the left and right side for a total of four "4" inches VS my Banshee in it's stock form (meaning how wide the front end was when it rolled off the show room floor)

It's posts like these that makes no one take you seriously, and jump down your throat.

FYI, your new explanation was a poor attempt at making your first one sound accurate, which, sadly, it was not.

HAHA.. I actually made it through college.. Thanks.

Once again the most arrogant prick on the bhq sets a noob straight.

Good Job!

Yea being an ass hole is soooooo cool!!! Why are you guys even commenting on this thread, MIKENICK's not running any YFZ Components, AssWhore's running the YFZ Shocks with the stock a arms, and MattSCESC Profile says he doesn't even have a Banshee.

Mattscesc who ask for your advice and opinion? It wasn't me, and I don't see any post from any other members asking you what you think about me or the stuff I posted. I didn't start this! Did you read through the thread, or skip to the last page and jump on the band wagon? Instead of asking me a question, or asking me to clarify something, or even correcting correcting me on a statement I made that was incarcerate I get a reply like this.

MikeNick user_popup.pngIf you built it to run XC then why the fuck would you get +3+1 a arm kit..You couldn't get anywhere with that. FAIL and another FAIL to you and the creator of this post for talkin about how great your cobbled front ends are.

Does a comment like that make people take you seriously, and keep people from jumping down you throat? If so Fuck you; you don't even have a Banshee, and if you do it's junk! Your on here trying to make a buck peddling your over priced over rated performance parts! IMO!!!

I would think you guys would want new members to exchange information and Idea's with, so why be a ass hole and start shit with the new members? Different people like different set up's, and mod's. But we all have on thing in common, we like Banshee's. I don't like every set up I see on BansheeHQ, and I see a lot of post that people are unclear in, have horrible grammar, miss spelled words, and dumb questions, but I don't see any reason to deliberately start shit with them and make negative comments about them, there builds, or there mods.

I'm a member of the Corvette Z06 Forum, and the Chevrolet/GMC Duramax forum and I've been a member of both them for over five years, and we don't operate that way. I wouldn't make A negative smart ass comment about a new members Corvette just because he's new. You three and the others like you are keeping this forum from being successful to its full potential, and holing back people who are helping others out with problems by answering questions, and sharing information.

MikeNick user_popup.pngIf you built it to run XC then why the fuck would you get +3+1 a arm kit..You couldn't get anywhere with that. FAIL and another FAIL to you and the creator of this post for talkin about how great your cobbled front ends are.

Does a comment like that make people take you seriously, and keep people from jumping down you throat? If so Fuck you; you don't even have a Banshee, and if you do it's junk! Your on here trying to make a buck peddling your over priced over rated performance parts! IMO!!!

Who's on here trying to make a buck????

Mattscesc who ask for your advice and opinion? It wasn't me, and I don't see any post from any other members asking you what you think about me or the stuff I posted. I didn't start this! Did you read through the thread, or skip to the last page and jump on the band wagon? Instead of asking me a question, or asking me to clarify something, or even correcting correcting me on a statement I made that was incarcerate I get a reply like this.

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

Who asked for my advice or opinion? Sir, perhaps you need to realize you posted in a PUBLIC forum. Who asked for YOUR opinion? I sure didn't see you start this thread, did I? Didn't you chime in uninvited? I think so.

Second, Did I read through the thread? Are you kidding me? This topic has been beat to DEATH for the last 5 years. Maybe rather than thinking you came up with some NOVEL idea, do a search, Hundreds, IF NOT THOUSANDS of people, attempted what you did, and failed, just like you did. It's nothing new. But you seem to think it is.

Third, Peddling my over priced, over rated performance parts? Again, showing that you don't know what you're talking about. I don't sell performance parts, never have, and I certainly don't "peddle" anything. Anyone I've done work for can chime in and tell you if I "peddle" anything. "Trying to make a buck". Frankly, I don't make SHIT off of doing what I do. Like I have told people, and had you done your research you would have read this in the sponsor spotlight section: That I do it, mainly, to give myself something to do in the evenings. Again, not knowing what you're talking about before spouting off at the mouth.

So, like I've said before, and I'll say it again. DO YOUR RESEARCH!! Had you done a little bit of research from the get-go, you would have realized that even attempting a 450r conversion on a Banshee is about as ridiculous as trying to screw a couch cushion; Sounded like a good idea, but had you thought about it, you'd realize it was a retarded idea.

I'm still up for the challenge of trying to build a bike that handles better than yours. In fact, every bike that I've touched would already win... just ask my customers.

Wow, this turned kinda sour!

Thack, you need to understand that Matt is a professional. He knows more about the inside of a shock than most guys know about the inside of a pussy. As he said, the YFZ thing HAS been beat to death. Its a cobbled system that works better than stock... but if you rode a banshee with a properly setup suspension-that costs similar to what most have spent after their "trial and error" YFZ mess-you will find yourself scratching your head wondering "WTF was I thinking".

Matt is passionate about banshee suspension (he used to own one).