whats the Best deisel truck?

captainhowdie

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

look for a 1999 to 2002 ford superduty 7.3l psd. probably one of the best stock trucks out there. with the money you have left over you can build it so that it does the job you are asking of it the best it can.

heres a great website with some beautiful trucks and great reviews. you'll have to call them and talk to them since they dont have many trucks for sale right now but check back in a month and they'll have more. If i were to buy a diesel truck this is where i would get it from!

www.handpickedtrucks.com

• 2 months later...

ford with the 7.3 power stroke

hell yea. 1997 was the best year for them. and get a f350 because they have a solid front instead of that shitty i-beam that the 250 had.

ive been looking for one on long island for a while. cant find one worth buying. i want one so bad.

• 2 weeks later...

For work truck, get a 5.9 Dodge - for work and comfort, and nice interior - Get a 6.6 Duramax with Allyson Tranny Chevy - Hands down lots better than the Fords. Had both Chevy and Dodge. Chevy is better for comfort and interior, and the transmission is Top Notch.

Good Luck!

hell yea. 1997 was the best year for them. and get a f350 because they have a solid front instead of that shitty i-beam that the 250 had.

ive been looking for one on long island for a while. cant find one worth buying. i want one so bad.

I would go with a later year 1999 and up as the best 7.3 power stroke, It comes with the better rods. Also if you can find one with the 6 speed manual...

I would go with a later year 1999 and up as the best 7.3 power stroke, It comes with the better rods. Also if you can find one with the 6 speed manual...

thats true but i really dont like the look of them. i love the body style of the 96' and 97'

ive only driven a few diesels, 6.0 and 7.3 fords and a 5.9 24v cummins, dont know shit about any of them... but i have to say banging gears in the 6speed cummins was just awesome..

my buddies 7.3 ford was quite a tank too.. full oak trees, up hill, in the snow, no problem, the thing was like a tractor

one time i got my f150 stuck with 5k trailer behind it in the snow and he had to pull all of us out, the old 7.3 didnt even break a sweat... he had his trailer loaded(5-6k) hooked to his truck + my truck + my trailer loaded (~5k), not counting the weight of his 250, would be 15,000 pounds easy + weight of his truck, he hooked chain from the backof his trailer to the front of my 150 and pulled the whole lot out of the feild through snow, slightly uphill, no problem, f250+6k trailer+f150+5ktrailer... those diesels are amazing

ford or dodge leave that chevy on the lot im telling you the truth and the new ford with them 7.3 there ok but the have some problems also dodge is the shit right now just change the exhaust and put billet parts in the tranny and your good for a millon miles i put money on it!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

if you get a duramax dont get a lb7 01-04, the injectors are "internal" and junk. The lly's 04.5-05 are great but come from the factory with a restrictive turbo mouthpiece that restricts flow and causes minor overheating. lbz and lmm are good also 06+. I picked up a 05 lly single cab long box 4x4 with the zf-6 manual trans from the orginal owner with 70,000 on it. The dirtymax with the 6 speed stick is fun as shit to drive. Hard as fuck to find but worth it. Threw on a afe mouthpiece and shes good. Just stay away from the 6.0 ford unless it has head studs and the egr blocked off. buddy has 240,000 on a 6.0 and it runs great. On the other hand my old boss just sold his 94 12 valve dodge with 413,000 miles. ran great but the body was SHOT.

Hears the bottom line comming from a diesel tech.Ford has a very nice interior but their engines are trash.Dodge has maybe/probably the best diesel engine in the business but no trans to go with it.Chevy has come a long way with the duramax,good engine with a maybe one of the best trans in the business.These trucks produce alot of torque and you need that trans.