Unfortunately....I think were a dying breed. :(

as far as shops are concerned i would say it is somewhat regional. anywhere near the dunes im sure the shops will be more banhsee friendly. but here in central IN the local dealerships arent good for much banshee related. there are 3 shops within 7 miles of my house and i cant go buy a bottle of klotz super techniplate from any of them. went to the honda shop tonight and the only decent 2 stroke they had was castor 927 for almost 20 bucks a bottle. and as far as actual parts that are made for a banshee you may as well forget it. i dont have a problem ordering from online sources but sometimes it would be nice to be able to go grab a clutch cable or something like that without having to wait 3-6 days.

I'm in CT and called a small local shop I deal with at 3PM asking for a terminator clutch cable, 2PM the next day I had it plus he carries klotz. Shows its hit or miss from shop to shop but if You live in east bumble fuck you just might be fucked haha. The site sponsors have all the go and show we want, maybe you can order klotz from one of them?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think most people riding banshees arnt the types to go to a dealership anyways, which is usually a good choice

dont look at their inability to help you as a bad thing, they did you a favor and steered you in the right direction - away from them.

MJ has a point, everytime i go to the stealership, i end up feeling ripped off anyway. Once you get a good feel for where to look, you can find everything you need. Shit, with Ray's (minkia38) stock pile of banshees, i think we will all be able to find the parts we are looking for, for a long long time

I think the Banshee is the easiest machine to find awesome parts for good prices. Hang out here on bansheeHQ and you will find that out pretty quick. Shipping only takes 1-2 days nationwide, screw the dealership you are going to now and order online. I like to support local business as much as I can, but its almost impossible with the Banshee as far as parts go.

My 2 cents to the OP, The banshee will never die and infact will probably increase in value in the future especially untouched limited editions as it is the most well know and unique ATV ever made and very well may be a collectors item so to speak in the future as they get more rare. Theres a huge market for used banshees still and its not uncommon to see on orlando craigslist for used banshees selling for more money than used raptors do. On top of that don't worry about anyone at the dealers not showing interest cause they know nothing about nothing, And only want to push the more expensive brand new stuff for there own brownie points. Also just because yamaha stoped selling banshees in the USA does not mean you can't own a brand spanking new one, They sell every single part on the internet for banshees and if your good with a wrench could build your own complete banshee part for part, Frame, Radiator, Engine, all plastics, Handlebar, Gas tank, All eletrical parts, Seat, Wheels tires hubs, You name it I have seen every single part used or new, stock or aftermarket, there is for banshees on the internet and could build myself one no problem. How much it would cost after all parts is somthing I have not added up. Hopfully some diehard banshee fanatic out there someday that has money will do the same thing to the banshee that has happened to the Delorean. The delorean "back to the future car" went out of business in 1983 but you can still buy a brand new delorean from a place in Texas that makes them using all NOS parts. However that will probably never happen.

My 2 cents to the OP, The banshee will never die and infact will probably increase in value in the future especially untouched limited editions as it is the most well know and unique ATV ever made and very well may be a collectors item so to speak in the future as they get more rare. Theres a huge market for used banshees still and its not uncommon to see on orlando craigslist for used banshees selling for more money than used raptors do. On top of that don't worry about anyone at the dealers not showing interest cause they know nothing about nothing, And only want to push the more expensive brand new stuff for there own brownie points. Also just because yamaha stoped selling banshees in the USA does not mean you can't own a brand spanking new one, They sell every single part on the internet for banshees and if your good with a wrench could build your own complete banshee part for part, Frame, Radiator, Engine, all plastics, Handlebar, Gas tank, All eletrical parts, Seat, Wheels tires hubs, You name it I have seen every single part used or new, stock or aftermarket, there is for banshees on the internet and could build myself one no problem. How much it would cost after all parts is somthing I have not added up. Hopfully some diehard banshee fanatic out there someday that has money will do the same thing to the banshee that has happened to the Delorean. The delorean "back to the future car" went out of business in 1983 but you can still buy a brand new delorean from a place in Texas that makes them using all NOS parts. However that will probably never happen.

X2

To the OP Funny to hear your shops show no interest on your shee. The shops around here base their dyno's their parts and services around banshee's. Shit Banshees are the one's who set the standards out on the dunes. Might sound retarded but when i was on the market for a 450 4 stroke, most would say fast enough to beat a banshee. Or can keep up with most banshee's, like i said Banshee's have set the standard around every type of riding, capitalizing out in the dunes.

Fortunately your very wrong, parts can easily be found for Yamaha Banshee and to make it better most of all the parts are the same from 87- current which makes it even better.

As far as getting parts at the dealership, its going to depend. Around here I think most people have switched to the new 4 stroke bikes and quads, so once the dealer ran out of stocked parts and no one is buying them anymore there is no reason for them to buy them and stock them..

I goto the dealer for small things on my bike, but any big part purchase I will usually shop online and find the best deal on what I need.

Mike

The Banshee is like the 69 Camaro of the 2-stroke world...it will be around forever!

Who cares about dealerships? They just sell stock parts...I've got piles of those all over the garage! :rotflmao: You can buy entire bikes and not find a stock banshee part. What's my bike got that came from the factory?...Cases, Trans, maybe some seals oh and my brakes, but you can put 450 brakes on them too. The Banshee will be around long after you have aged out of the sport. :headbang:

The Banshee, most popular atv ever! The aftermarket world for the Banshee is huge, can search the net for parts till your fingers blue!

I get all my Banshee stuff from RJATV, Wildcard Racing & Sandtoyz Unlimited, parts are very easy to come by.. I only hit the stealership for small things like a jet or two, premix etc... But I avoid dealerships by choice and it works out great for me.