Banshee reliability ( Be honest guys)

troyzstang

a friend of ours bought one of those fancy ktms, other than little stuff breaking like the cute hydraulic clutch within the first few weeks, the thing was blowing purple smoke within 3-4 months. havnt seen that guy in probably a year now, probably had to rebuild it within the first year, not saying they are all liek that, but what a dissappointment.. i remeber when his hydraulic clutch broke, if only he had an old steel cable, lol

Did your buddy realize that he bought a race bike with a high comp. engine and he probably needed to run race gas unless he got the 525. I know I'll have to rebuild my 4poke engine before to long but thats the price you pay when you want a badass bike. Put high comp in a banshee and its the same way no diff at all you just have to learn to take care of things and not be a moron.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did your buddy realize that he bought a race bike with a high comp. engine and he probably needed to run race gas unless he got the 525. I know I'll have to rebuild my 4poke engine before to long but thats the price you pay when you want a badass bike. Put high comp in a banshee and its the same way no diff at all you just have to learn to take care of things and not be a moron.

it is a 525 xc, thanks for your words of wisdom though.

im judging by your username and number of posts, you are here to defend the honor of raptors, and 4 strokes in general. that is fine. but lets face it, they cost more to keep running, period. the guy made a thread asking about reliability, and the banshee is one of the most reliable quads out there, bar none. -_-

Ha 2-smoke :rotflmao: . No I'm pretty sure I had it right the first time. But that is funny.

4 strokes are like tampons, every pussy has one! Haha

I just finished my 3rd season and have had ZERO issues. Nothing broke, blew up, or otherwise necessitated a tow back to camp.

Personally, I think that the higher you shift the powerband, the more you're gonna rebuild.

Case in point: I run FMF Fatty's and while they have good top end, they have an awesome midrange so I'm able to ride a lot without having to ride in the higher RPM range like my buds with inframe drag pipes.

I seem to recall something about mass/forces increasing exponentially to RPM... :blink:

WTF is a Raptor guy doing on a Banshee website? He should be at BlueTraxx.com. If he doesn't like Banshees, then he should go bash them on a Raptor website and stay out of here. I can tell you this, I spent a hell of alot longer working on a freinds Raptor carb problem than I have ever spent working on a Banshee carb problem, probably by at least a 5 to 1 margin, and that was with another freind who has a lot of Raptor expierence helping me.

Edited by bansheesandrider

oh yes he did!

hes here to defend 4 strokes

fuck with him and hell choke you with the 2 miles of wires found on a craptor 700

WTF is a Raptor guy doing on a Banshee website? He should be at BlueTraxx.com. If he doesn't like Banshees, then he should go bash them on a Raptor website and stay out of here. I can tell you this, I spent a hell of alot longer working on a freinds Raptor carb problem than I have ever spent working on a Banshee carb problem, probably by at least a 5 to 1 margin, and that was with another freind who has a lot of Raptor expierence helping me.

OH my god guys we're cool it was just a little jab back calm down. That ain't know shit about 2 miles of wires found on a 700 it's a freakin joke too many damn sensors.