pwk needles

wideopeninpa

OK so I am getting ready to install my new carbs on my banshee, they are 28 mm pwk's. I was wondering if my needle's are the right ones they are N80F My shee has a cool head with 21cc domes, toomeys t5's, +4 timing, K&N filter, K&N air box lid and vforce 3 reeds. i have a good starting point for the main and pilots but I wasnt sure about which needles I should use. Thanks for the help

thats a weird needle number. usually the keihin needles are three letters like CEL or DGK. i have no idea about that needle.

id go ahead and jet it to what you think is supposed to be right and see how it runs.

id prolly start at 162 main, 48 pilot and needle in the middle.

rub in the sunny so cal. its 20 with snow on the ground here.

There you go, 2 similar bikes with exactly opposite takes on needles. Hopefully you will bolt them on and be perfectly happy with exactly what you have.

My bike ran good with the JJH, it just ran better with the N68A.

Enjoy the new carbs.

the N68A is not a keihin factory needle.. It could be a needle taper desigend by the manufacturer of the bike (yam, honda, kawi, suzuki) So that needle was designed for little 80 and 85cc dirt bikes. Could be possilbe the they are aftermarket needles.. I only use geniune keihin jets.

I used the JJH needles also back when I used the 28pwks.

JJH

J = 3' 00' Taper Degrees

J = 25.40 L1

H = 2.435 Dia

N68A

A = 1' 35' Taper Degrees

H = 24.25 L1

R = 2.75 Dia

Dia = If I understand this right the JJH is richer on 1/8 to 1/4 throttle.

Taper = JJH and richer from 1/4 to wide open throttle with most effect on 3/4 throttle.

L1 = The N68A needler is richer from 1/8 to 3/4 throttle more effect on 1/4 throttle.

So am I right in saying the JJH is the richer needle and does any one have the specs on the N80F needle.

• 12 years later...