Sold as is

toolman

Sold a stone stock Banshee to one of the kids friends. Showed him the compression 120psi each cylinder gave him a clutch cable and filled it up with gas before he left last Sunday. He came back on Monday wanting a set of pipes sold him a set of pipes and told him it would need re-jetted. He ask if he got the jets would I help? I told him yes. Come home from work on Friday he is setting in the driveway pipes on the bike i told him I would not have time to help Friday night. He tells me it won't run. He put the pipes on and went to the stealership for jets and oil and plugs. They told him he did not need to re-jet for pipes on a 2 stroke only on a 4 poke. So he had been riding it and it quit and won't run right. Pulled the plugs out they are the leanest I have ever seen. I ask about mixing the oil he told me 32-1, is what i ran but he used Klotz i use 927 no big deal. Put my finger over the plug hole no compression on the right side. Check it with a guage nothing on the right 120 on the left. Pulled it apart this morning the piston looks good from the top, pull the cylinder off the right piston had melted on the exhuast side and the rings had broke. Cylinder looks ok I told him get set of piston and rings I wouild hone the cylinders and put it back togather. He looks at me like I have 5 eye's and starts bitching he has only had the thing a week.

Sorry for the long Rantbanghead.gif

I cannot stand people like that. I had friends in school that would try and pull bullshit like that ALL the time. They'd go buy a toy like that, rag the hell out of it without properly maintaining it and when it blew up or malfunctioned they'd get right pissed off because it was almost brand new.

That's what ignorance and the ability to not listen to advice will get you.

i well aside from the fact that hedidn't listen to you about jetting, he should hold the dealership responsible. after all, they are the trained representitives of the manufacturer, right? they are alwauys spouting out of their ass about shit that they have no clue, and keep getting away with it. i have to argue half the time just to get them to sell me shit, but in this case, it's major damage.

the kid is learning one of lifes tough lessons here. that is shit service from the dealership. if anything, the most important thing he'll learn is not to trust the dealers, and to learn how to look after shit himself.

when i bought my banshee, the friend i bought it off of took it to the dealer for an tune up because he didnt want to sell it to me "as is". He is a stand up guy. The dealer performed their "tune up" which consisted of cleaning the carbs and then not putting the main jet washers back in. Instead of replacing the washers that he lost, he used a punch, came in from the top of the throttle body, and burred the carb and emultion tube so that the tube wouldnt slide in and out with the fule mixture and needle. WTF. This guy is supposed to be a certified machanic! After i saw that when i got it home, i pulled the carbs, posted on here regarding the situation and had a response from AK within a few hours. To boot, the mechanic said that 240 mains were big enough for K&N filter, aftermarket reeds, and full DG exhaust running at 1600 ft asl. Again, got on here, made a post, and a week later when i got a handfull of jets from a site sponsor, i was able to tune it myself and needed 310 mains to get the best out of her. Thats when i decided fuck the dealership i'll never go back, which wasn't quite true because i did go back to rip those fuckers new assholes and tell them that i'll make sure no one i know ever goes there again.

It seems like if youre not buying something new from them, they just dont have time for you.

i agree. if your not buying new, or have a big ass chunk of money for em. they dont give a shit. if i do actually call my local yamaha dealership. they rarely have time for me. they have infact said.... "we dont have time to do______ to your blaster"...its fucked up that the company the consumer supports, doesnt have the time to support the consumer....fuckem and do it yourself.

i well aside from the fact that hedidn't listen to you about jetting, he should hold the dealership responsible. after all, they are the trained representitives of the manufacturer, right? they are alwauys spouting out of their ass about shit that they have no clue, and keep getting away with it. i have to argue half the time just to get them to sell me shit, but in this case, it's major damage.

Ha Ha! Hold a dealership responsible? Your kidding right? Since when are motorcycle dealerships responsible lol

Point out the fact that his daddy ain't got the IQ to help him thru this. Tell him you told him not to ride it till you helped him. Then take great care in telling him YOUR SMARTER THAN THE DEALER. After that's soaked in, tell him your the smartest guy on the block and unless he's got someone else to save his sorry a$s he'd better show you some God Darned RESPECT! Then give him the best advice you could ever give. Tell him "Listening is a skill"......WORK ON IT! If he doesn't like it...close the door. LOL.

He came by tonight with the parts to fix it.( at least I'm going to get out of my shop sooner than I thought) He must have had them next day delivered. Still no jets I jumped his shit he said he going to put the stock pipes back on until he can order the jets and get me to help him get it right this time. So I guess few hundred bucks may have been a good lesson. Just wait until he gets my bill $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

He is a good kid ,but just a dumb ass kid.

man i hate that kinda crap. if someone is uneducated about something you would think they would at least listen to someone who knows what they are talking about or error on the side of caution. may want to double check for an air leak or something. if this happens again he will prolly be a real pain to deal with. he should have bought a warrior instead lol

man i hate that kinda crap. if someone is uneducated about something you would think they would at least listen to someone who knows what they are talking about or error on the side of caution. may want to double check for an air leak or something. if this happens again he will prolly be a real pain to deal with. he should have bought a warrior instead lol

I always do a leak down test after i put one back togather. 6psi for 6 minutes nothing less.

No what he needs is a pep-boys special, Kazuma, one on my friends got one for his little cousins... we (as in 200lb adults) rode the piss out of it for no reason other then bordem... rode it all day...then we realized we didnt check the oil, it had MAYBE half a pint of oil Probably even less.