SHEARER? CPI? ROCKETS?

sToCk7miLL

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys

just wanted to let you know that I ordered a set of rocket pipes and they didnt rip me off, they also gave me great service. I havent set them up yet, iam kinda in the middle of a snow storm...........guess i have to wait till next summer to try them out.hahaha

Rocketpipes.com

lol.. 5 posts?

anywAy if this is all truthfull... keep us posted :)

The sheets don't have the rockets pipes but you can compare the cpi's and shearers. The motor is a 370 on gas with 34 pjs, don't know any other specifics of the motor other than it was ported. I always been impressed with Fatty's torque #s even on a 460cc 10mill alky bike they peformed great. That 460cc gave alot of bigger bikes a run for their money.

TORQUE

98471-dyno22.jpg

HP

98474-dyno32.jpg

Edited by traxman

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

The sheets don't have the rockets pipes but you can compare the cpi's and shearers. The motor is a 370 on gas with 34 pjs, don't know any other specifics of the motor other than it was ported. I always been impressed with Fatty's torque #s even on a 460cc 10mill alky bike they peformed great. That 460cc gave alot of bigger bikes a run for their money.

TORQUE

98471-dyno22.jpg

HP

98474-dyno32.jpg

Hey guys, am I reading this right. The Toomeys and FMFs are making quite a bit more HP and TQ over the CPIs and Shearers all the way up until just past 8500 RPM. I just bought some CPI's off of ebay, and now I am wondering if I wont like the change in performance. I ride only sand, with some drag/hillshooting mixed in against my buddy's.

Also take notice of how much longer the cpis and sheares pull. The cpis pulled 1000 more rpms than the fattys and toomeys.

You're right, but what exactly does that translate into when you are riding? the HP gain was only about two.

Also we dont know what type of porting was done. A less agressive port job will favor the t5' 6's and fmf's over the cpi's and shearer's.

That makes sense.