SHEARER? CPI? ROCKETS?

sToCk7miLL

the site is up and its dated 2009 so it has to be pretty recent. are they the same pipes they used to make or have they changed? seems like the rockets have a loyal fan base. i wish i just had endless amounts of money so i could just buy one of everything and see what works the best cuz i cant make up my mind on a lot of shit lol

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll be happier with CPIs.

They're not going anywhere, they don't have a "bad past" like Rockets, they perform just as good...and their customer service it 2nd to none.

Buddy of mine cartwheeled his bike in the dunes and smashed the shit out of his pipe. I think they charged him about 40 or 50 bucks including shipping back to fix it good as new...and he got it back QUICK!!!

I've tried Rockets...one of the old owners lives in MI about 20 minutes from me. I thought they were garbage then and since they haven't changed, I still feel that way.

My opinion based on my use of them...

I will say they were...or possibly still are, made of some thick ass metal. If you don't mind the weight...they are constructed pretty solid.

That's about the only good thing I can say about them.

im just going to go with the shearer's everyone and their mom has CPI and i found shearer's for 580 local

i just got the 7mill running an hour ago... started 1st kick!!!

let it idle for 15min... checked everything.. i mean EVERYTHING!!

took it down the road 1/8th throttle a few times shut it off.... cool down some...

start back up warm.. 1/4 throttle tire spin 2nd 3rd 4th. then just putted around the block. checked head nuts.. tourq

seems to be rite!!

happy so far

im just going to go with the shearer's everyone and their mom has CPI and i found shearer's for 580 local

took it down the road 1/8th throttle a few times shut it off.... cool down some...

start back up warm.. 1/4 throttle tire spin 2nd 3rd 4th. then just putted around the block. checked head nuts.. tourq

seems to be rite!!

happy so far

I'm gonna try to get some CPI's for next season.

You'll be happier with CPIs.

They're not going anywhere, they don't have a "bad past" like Rockets, they perform just as good...and their customer service it 2nd to none.

Buddy of mine cartwheeled his bike in the dunes and smashed the shit out of his pipe. I think they charged him about 40 or 50 bucks including shipping back to fix it good as new...and he got it back QUICK!!!

I've tried Rockets...one of the old owners lives in MI about 20 minutes from me. I thought they were garbage then and since they haven't changed, I still feel that way.

My opinion based on my use of them...

I will say they were...or possibly still are, made of some thick ass metal. If you don't mind the weight...they are constructed pretty solid.

That's about the only good thing I can say about them.

ahh good hopefully the CPIs out perform my stts ... lol

now all i have to do is wait for the mail man :)

seems to be rite!!

happy so far

I switched from CPIs to Shearers and I love the Shearers. Seem to have more power all around then the CPIs, even down low. I liked the CPIs, but I think the Shearers perform better. I am sure you'll be pleased with your choice.

SP

I switched from CPIs to Shearers and I love the Shearers. Seem to have more power all around then the CPIs, even down low. I liked the CPIs, but I think the Shearers perform better. I am sure you'll be pleased with your choice.

SP

X2 ON THE SHEARERS THEY OUT PULL CPIS BY FAR!!!!1

• 3 weeks later...

I have ridden bikes with both CPIs and my personal bike has shearers. The CPI's have good low to mid where the shearers are more of a top end pipe. If you live in the powerband of your bike the topend performance of the shearers is amazing. Plus everybody and their mom runs CPI's. Both are great depending on what kind of riding you do mostly.

i use to have the rockets, the original ones not the new ones and I can tell you they where sick. i loved them. if you can find the older one, then buy them

Yup i agree with Pete, i scored an original old set in really great shape this summer. I love them for what i do. Plus there rare, look mean and nasty, no other pipes look like them and they rip and sound killer. Im happy. Monster.gif

But go with what you like im just stating my opinion.