SHEARER? CPI? ROCKETS?

sToCk7miLL

Im sure you guys are tired of answering this question.. i have a 7mill stock cylinder 67.25mm pistion with stock milled head, 38mm kehin carbs it has a pretty extensive port job but i still dune it and stock tranny.

i was wondering what the best bang for my buck is on in-frame drag pipes are..

i beat most 4mill cubs and i have junk t-5's

some advice would be nice. thanks

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

best bang for the buck would be the cpi poor mans pipes, but i have heard nothing but good things about shearers as being a top end most horsepower pipe. I dont know anything about rockets, locogato seems to like them, heard good things about them from some and bad things from others, same with every pipe though. It seems like the cpis have a little bit more mid than the shearers, but the shearers rip on the top so im told.

best bang for the buck would be the cpi poor mans pipes, but i have heard nothing but good things about shearers as being a top end most horsepower pipe. I dont know anything about rockets, locogato seems to like them, heard good things about them from some and bad things from others, same with every pipe though. It seems like the cpis have a little bit more mid than the shearers, but the shearers rip on the top so im told.

thats what i figured.... i like the way the rockets look. does anyone know if they have dyno specs on rockets vs. CPI and shearer?

rockets will produce the most broad powerband of the bunch. they come on sooner than cpi and will pull on top just as long.. the shearer will produce the most top end of the group, but come on the power later.

might as well forget the rockets. you wont be able to find a set unless they are used as they are not being produced anymore.

I do Shearers on all my motor builds. The power is awesome!

the guy i bought the bike from didnt even know what he had. he inherited it from his son that died in an accident. i bought it for $3500 in PHX AZ. i took it to the dunes last year as is.. when i got back i rode it out front of my house and it blew a head gasket... come to frind out it pulled a few studs out of the cylinder... took it apart and i have asked many people what this orange/black (epoxy of some sort??) looking stuff that is on the sides of the top of my case where the cylinder bolts down to the top case. its on the side of both rods.. and then there is a hole drilled on each side of the rod.... im thinking it has something to do with crankcase pressure and clearance for the crank?? does anybody know what this would be for or have hear of something like this in stroker motors??

I was just considering to settle with shearer's havent heard anybody complain about theirs so i guess i cant go wrong.

rockets will produce the most broad powerband of the bunch. they come on sooner than cpi and will pull on top just as long.. the shearer will produce the most top end of the group, but come on the power later.

might as well forget the rockets. you wont be able to find a set unless they are used as they are not being produced anymore.

sorry not tryin to jack the thread...just curious as well. so would the rockets be a better choice if you were wanting more of an all around bike even with just a dune port as opposed to an all out drag bike? it sounds like everybody's got their personal favorite. Im almost sure ima go with cpi's but still weighin the options

I can't speak for CPIs or Shearers, only from talking to others about them, that the shearer pipes will not have any bottom with tons of top. the CPI pipes are better for all round than the Shearer and last but not least most "drama" surrounded infamous Rockets.....You will have several people talk shit / haters of them and you will have several lovers of them, me being one of the lovers.

I have noticed no loss of any bottom end with them, the mid range comes on very hard and they pull like a mo - fo on top, probably not as high as the Shearer, but with better all round which is a little more needed for round the yard and what not. My experiences with them so far are on a stock motor.

You can get some other reviews on the Rockets from these members:

"Loco"

"StClark"

"Savage420"

There maybe some more, not for sure right off hand. The biggest down fall of the Rockets is the fuel petcock is tricky to turn and is nearly impossible if the pipes are hot, the spark plugs take a little reaching around the pipes to get out and are not that bad, but again the pipes need to be cool. The Rockets however, are built with heavy gauge materials which is nice.

Mike

Edited by RZBansheeMan