should have bought a 450

ok I have had issues since day one. 99 shee with fmf fattys power 2 silencers k&n no lid carbs clean and rebuilt new stator and plate, and flywheel. Had it running fine took for ride died andwon't start now. I have intermit spark but won't pop or kick also new CDI any help would be great. Could it be the coil or caps? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok I have had issues since day one. 99 shee with fmf fattys power 2 silencers k&n no lid carbs clean and rebuilt new stator and plate, and flywheel. Had it running fine took for ride died andwon't start now. I have intermit spark but won't pop or kick also new CDI any help would be great. Could it be the coil or caps? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

yeah i can help.....go buy a 450 and sell your banshee to a real 2 stroke fanatic.....hope that helps

does it still spark at all??? push the kick start down slowly.. do the pistons catch anywhere in the cycle??? may be time for a rebuild, check compression while you are at it

Swap out spark plug boots, coil, stator, check all connects.

Do a compression test and see what happens

thats a lot of shit to swap out lol. I would start by checking the coil after it shuts off. weird my buddies 99 use to do this last year sometimes. he never figured it out and it hasn't done it yet this year.

Edited by sled

Do you think a 10 year old 450, if there was such an animal would be in perfect shape. Don't blame the machine, especially if you know nothing about fixing it. In 10 years, countless idiots could have fucked with it. There are quiet a few banshees from the 80's still running strong on the forum.

Weather it is a Banshee or 450, it is going to have problems sooner or later. Buy a manual and start learning or gibe up on owning a quad.

considering it has been rebuilt new top end. give me a little credit would't be asking if I didn't have a clue on how to work on machines. looking for help not smart ass coments. compression good. I will check boots today. thanks to those who gave real answers