Our ZX9R Banshee

Well we took it out to Armagosa on Thursday.. JTFC Its still got the stock 17/41 gearing with 22" dick cepeck 16 paddle tires on it. Going up comp there I was pulling on built CR 500, all the 450's, our banshees and some dudes on 450 Dirt Bikes (they were PISSED). I was only in 1st up the hill and could click 2nd about 3/4 of the was up.

I wen't around back to one of the big bowls and topped out 3rd and was doing about 110MPH. I saw the bottom of the bowl coming a little too fast and slowed down to about 75-80 which was like 5Gs holding my ass on the bike. It is an absoultly and illegal amount of fun. Also it ran ALL DAY without overheating and only used about 3-4 gallons of gas. This bike is absoultly THE MOST FUN I've had on 4 wheels. We built it to be rideable, not just a drag bike, and it is I can throw it around like a normal banshee, I just can't jump it over a few feet.

EDIT: I said i was typing this on the phone and i didn't think it was too unreadable but apparently i was wrong, now its fixed. Also the wern't run ons i had plenty of .'s in there

I really dont know what you just wrote??

I honestly dont know, Not trying to sound rough, but please try to write using at least some punctuation.

:blink:

I dont think Ive ever corrected any spelling here but, you run your sentences together and lose the reader somewhere.

I was getting to the pics photobucket took hours to upload the pics and videos...BRAPP BRAPP

Sry about the audio, i didnt know my little digital camera didn't record audio when it zooms, fucking POS.

WE is my dad, brother, and I.

Please don't complain about my dad not wearing a helmet, it hurts his neck, thats all the reason im giving.

Its not perfect, if/when we build another there are several things we are going to do different, but its scary fun none the less, and soon i am getting a different sprocket for the front that will make it even sicker.

Thats way better:

Wow I just looked at your engine "I think" of that bike shown on the right.

How long did it take to get it shoehorned in there?

How much expense was involved in the project?

It looks like a blast to ride.

Yep thats the bike but not finished. it took about two months of free time work really not bad with a welder and torch, and DEFFINATLY two people that motor is like 200 lbs. itself. and as far as expence my lips are sealed just incase we want to sell it someday but i will say if you take the time to gather the parts it would cost A LOT more for just a shee motor that puts out 150HP and 80 FT-LBS

Yep thats the bike but not finished. it took about two months of free time work really not bad with a welder and torch, and DEFFINATLY two people that motor is like 200 lbs. itself. and as far as expence my lips are sealed just incase we want to sell it someday but i will say if you take the time to gather the parts it would cost A LOT more for just a shee motor that puts out 150HP and 80 FT-LBS

that's a nice looking build.

I know I'm gonna sound like a dick when I say this, but please don't take it that way.

A 100 to 120 HP banshee motor will keep up with and more than likely beat it all day long.

Here's why...

Weight.

A 100 to 120 HP banshee motor weighs around 85 to 90 lbs. If you owned the ZX motor outright, the motor is cheaper, but time spent fabricating, etc., isn't. In the end...I think it's cheaper to build the banshee based motor.

again, that's a nice build, and I don't want to come off like a dick or anything, I just respectfully disagree with your last statement, mostly you'd need 150 HP and 80Ft lbs of torque...you wouldn't need that much because of weight, that's all.