CHARIOT PERFORMANCE Reed Cage

MikeNick

some of you guys that are jumping down FIREHEAD's throats need to calm down a little. if you knew anything about the guy at all its that the R&D stuff hes used to are things that are rarely ever experienced by the normal banshee rider. so you cant exactly jump on him for having a point of view that goes above and beyond what most of you guys are thinking when it comes to banshee parts.

that being said, i understand where FIREHEAD is coming from. do i understand what hes talking about? fuck no! dude could put a coke head to sleep with all that testing babble nonsense (no offense buddy :biggrin: ).

i think chariot is prolly doing a very good job at what they do. ive never used them, but i dont think id hesitate to if i wanted one of their products. they flat out tell you what motors their reed cages work best on. take their advice on it. they surely have done the testing to know that abover 4mm v force is the way to go. if they were tryin to screw anyone they prolly would say, "our cages are best on motors from stock to 20mm!"

anyway, carry on!

I've ran them for about the last year or so on my 4mil. I'm happy with them. I can't give dyno #'s, cause I couldn't care less! I tried a friends VF3's on this bike awhile back, and couldn't feel a difference between the two. The Chariots are deffinatly less $, so if you want to try something new, and support a site sponsor, buy the Chariots.

Well I am running set, on a stock Cylinder shee .020 bored over.

I could definately feel a difference,and they have been bullet proof.

Now Chariot has made many good things.

My bigbore Tri-Z runs one of his custom coolheads,specifically built for the Tri-Z.

I also run his billet intake set-up as well on that Z.

The over all performance and fit of his products is outstanding.

NO ONE ELSE would build these,even 20 years ago.

I could honestly care less about flow benches,and Dyno charts. They are not real world results.

They cant re-simulate atmospheric conditions,and different terrains.

What proves out good in a lab test is not always a indicator of real world results.

So I thank him for what he is doing for us..And keep up the good work!

Zshroudblack2pb.jpg

Intakemounted.jpg

And for the performance doubters, here is some real world proof what a 310cc Tri-z, equipped with his stuff will do against some built 450s and Banshees'

th_uvs070923-011.jpg

th_uvs070923-010.jpg

th_uvs070923-013.jpg

th_uvs070923-003.jpg

I'm glad this post stayed civil. Grown adults should be able to debate their opinions without things turning into a big F you fest but unfortunatly good questions often go unanswered.

Here's my take on all this.

I respect Fireheads knowledge. I've always read your replies with great interest because I believe you to be very wise beyond your years. A little cocky (lets call it spirited).. Yes, but thats OK, many that are into this stuff are. You'd be welcome at my campfire at the end of a day's ride anytime.

As far as Chariot goes. I'm happy we have people like Jerry offering alternative and new products for us. Heaven knows the Banshee technology and design is very old school and the performance that can be extracted these days wasn't because Yamaha improved upon their product. :blush:

There are lots of great performing bikes out there running all kinds of different setups. I've seen guy's swap rides or let someone else use their equipment to stay in a points race and it gets pretty interesting how things go just because of a different riding style.

With that said.

I like all the info from both sides but at the end of the day it doesn't matter what works for somebody else or what "should" be best based on all the scientific data. Getting the correct combination of parts and tune up working together is a never ending road and my ET slips tell me what I need to know.

I'm going to try the intakes and cages but with pro reeds in place of dual stages since my RPM operating range is only at the extreme top end in 1/4 mile asphalt racing.

Thanks for letting me ramble.

Happy Holidays guy's.

Well I am running set, on a stock Cylinder shee .020 bored over.

I could definately feel a difference,and they have been bullet proof.

Now Chariot has made many good things.

My bigbore Tri-Z runs one of his custom coolheads,specifically built for the Tri-Z.

I also run his billet intake set-up as well on that Z.

The over all performance and fit of his products is outstanding.

NO ONE ELSE would build these,even 20 years ago.

I could honestly care less about flow benches,and Dyno charts. They are not real world results.

They cant re-simulate atmospheric conditions,and different terrains.

What proves out good in a lab test is not always a indicator of real world results.

So I thank him for what he is doing for us..And keep up the good work!

Zshroudblack2pb.jpg

That Tri-Z is hot! :thumbsup:

the tri z has a serious power to weight ratio advantage.i do agree the tri z the 250r and the kawi tecate 3 wheelers all ran well.its the same thing as trying to run the tri z against a modded cr500/kx500. what would be the out come of that.not to take anything away from the tri z , looks like it runs pretty good but wheres the videos of the races it lost.that one 4 stroker in the first video was giving it hell.

are those v force reeds i see in the tri z.why not the chariot reeds since it has chariot everything else.