CHARIOT PERFORMANCE Reed Cage

MikeNick

Well I'm debating on a set of VF3's or a set of these new Chariot reeds.. Have any of you used them, if so are they worth it or should I get a set of VF3's

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Banshee-Fre...A1%7C240%3A1318

I got a set.. Verdict isn't out yet since the motor is still in pieces.. lol Its a nice looking cage and I wouldn't hesitate on buying anything from Chariot performance.. All their products are top notch. Your saving money over the VF3's and if you ever need replacement pedals.. thier cheap too. My vote would go to the Chariot cages. They really look like they flow good with the matching intakes!

I got a set.. Verdict isn't out yet since the motor is still in pieces.. lol Its a nice looking cage and I wouldn't hesitate on buying anything from Chariot performance.. All their products are top notch. Your saving money over the VF3's and if you ever need replacement pedals.. thier cheap too. My vote would go to the Chariot cages. They really look like they flow good with the matching intakes!

WELL PUT THAT DAMN THING BACK TOGETHER ASAP DAMNIT!!!!! haha..I have a timing plate from them and it is a really nice piece..Plus they seem to be a very reputable place...hmmmm...Didnt they post a dyno chart in regards to there reed cages somewhere or am I mistakin..I would rather buy a set from them than a set of VF3's aslong as they are what they say they are..

I think if your not building a drag bike.. you'll be more then happy with them. The motor I'm putting them in is a 10mil cub.. so.. I'm not sure if they'll perform as well as the VF or not.. but I think on the smaller motors.. especially the non drag ported motors they'll work great. I plan on doing some dyno testing with them and comparing them to the VF3's when I get a chance.

I think if your not building a drag bike.. you'll be more then happy with them. The motor I'm putting them in is a 10mil cub.. so.. I'm not sure if they'll perform as well as the VF or not.. but I think on the smaller motors.. especially the non drag ported motors they'll work great. I plan on doing some dyno testing with them and comparing them to the VF3's when I get a chance.

I see..Well I my plan is to do a 4mil with a aggressive trail port so I think I may give them a shot when the time comes then..Thanks man..

Unless there is some blow-down capable flow bench data available for those cages with their prescribed reeds, I would throw any money their direction.

There are only a couple companies that have engineering behind their reed products with regard to Banshees (Boyesen and Moto Tassinari). The rest of what is out there is largely non-professionally developed. :geek:

Unless there is some blow-down capable flow bench data available for those cages with their prescribed reeds, I would throw any money their direction.

There are only a couple companies that have engineering behind their reed products with regard to Banshees (Boyesen and Moto Tassinari). The rest of what is out there is largely non-professionally developed. :geek:

You mean you wouldnt throw any money their direction???What you said makes no sense

I look at it this way.

V Force reeds have 2x as many pedals than other reed's. There for they are opeaining 1/2 as far for the same amount of flow as the standard 2 pedal banshee cage. So the reed is spending less time ethire opean or closed witch makes for better throttle responce and less blow back.

josh

Your statement is 100% incorrect. We designed, manufactured and flow bench tested over 30 different reed cage designs. Boyesen and Moto are not the only people out there with flow benches. We have a lot of engineering behind our reed cages. Keep in mind that simply the amount of airflow (cfm) through a cage is not the indication of it's applicability for a certain motor or purpose. Do you believe that for example vforce cages are the best choice for 50 different engine configurations? We state clearly which motors our cages are an improvement over moto's. Even saying this, every configuration will respond differently to different cages. Each motor would respond differently to each of the 30 or so different cages we designed and tested. The design of the cage is just as important as port configurations, after all it is in the intake tract.

In any case it is not fair to Chariot Performance for you to make this statement. Anyone who tries our cage and does not have the improvement or like the improvement can return the cages for a full refund. We have sold over 800 cages and have never had one returned to us. I apologize in advance if my reply seems a little bit snippy.

Your statement is 100% incorrect. We designed, manufactured and flow bench tested over 30 different reed cage designs. Boyesen and Moto are not the only people out there with flow benches. We have a lot of engineering behind our reed cages. Keep in mind that simply the amount of airflow (cfm) through a cage is not the indication of it's applicability for a certain motor or purpose. Do you believe that for example vforce cages are the best choice for 50 different engine configurations? We state clearly which motors our cages are an improvement over moto's. Even saying this, every configuration will respond differently to different cages. Each motor would respond differently to each of the 30 or so different cages we designed and tested. The design of the cage is just as important as port configurations, after all it is in the intake tract.

In any case it is not fair to Chariot Performance for you to make this statement. Anyone who tries our cage and does not have the improvement or like the improvement can return the cages for a full refund. We have sold over 800 cages and have never had one returned to us. I apologize in advance if my reply seems a little bit snippy.

I was hopin you'd chime in..I plan on buyin a set from ya... :evil:

Recently I've been looking at the Chariot Racing cage and intake and I'm real interested in trying the setup on our asphalt bikes next season. Over the years we've spent a ton of money trying countless parts combinations. One thing I found early in our racing was that the only way to know if something will improve our ET is to test it on our equipment. Jerry's (Chariot) been real helpful with some questions I had. Also, The fact that he offers to take the stuff back if we didn't like it say's a lot about him in my book...

I doubt my statement is incorrect. Do you actually have a flow bench capable of accurately simulatiing blow-down conditions? What is the manufacturer and model number of your bench?

I agree that one cage doesn't fit all cases. I also agree that pure flow rate is not the measure of reed cage performance.

I am definitely not try to be an ass, but I really doubt that the level of engineering that is put into your cages meets the level the "high-end" consumer should expect out of such a technical part. :geek: