CHARIOT PERFORMANCE Reed Cage

MikeNick

I never intended my post to say I have the fastest machine.Just proof in the pudding

Chariot makes great parts!

The V force reeds were installed before Chariot made the intake set-up.He does not offer a reedcage for my Z.

V force doesnt even offer reeds for a Z.

Those are matched up from various machines.

Kx 125 Cage with 250R reeds and a Custom enlarged stuffer for the Bigbore engine.

As far as how my machine stacks up to a 500 cc engine,well I have video of me running darn near with them,but it is on VHS and I have no way to upload those.

I dont beat them,but I am within 1-2 lengths of them.That is against 500cc trikes too.

As far as a 450 giving it hell, keep in mind that was a built 450,polished ported cams exhaust etc.

My machine only has a plus 4 swinger.It was built to handle any terrain I wanted,but stays strictly on the drag strip.

I run the lowest CC dome available,and I can bump it up even more.

I am sure if I dropped a wheelie bar on it or longer swinger, and outframe drag pipe On it, I could it mid to low 4's in 300 ft.

My best time so far was 5.12 on stock Ohtsu tires.

I cant keep the front end down.

Point is, it handles many modded 450s, and Banshee's with no problems.On a little 310cc cylinder. :biggrin:

I finished runner up that night and won against the fastest LT 450R there,overheated my clutch due to long staging times during the second elim of a double elim final.

The only reason I lost was they ran the outlaw bikes before us,and my rear wheels were up on a hump.I had to fan the clutch and ride the brakes to keep from rolling the trap.

Then they prestaged us so long in the second pass, my clutch overheated.

Thats racing!

All that was on a prototype un ported cylinder with a restricting DG pipe.

I now have a new ported,cylinder with Phase 5 pipe.Changed up the gearing.

Trust me its fast.

Here is the vid of me winning the first final elim that night,and then me losing against that LT 450R,in the second elim.

But I did beat him.

th_uvs070923-015.jpg

Edited by 2twin350s

I never intended my post to say I have the fastest machine.Just proof in the pudding

Chariot makes great parts!

The V force reeds were installed before Chariot made the intake set-up.He does not offer a reedcage for my Z.

V force doesnt even offer reeds for a Z.

Those are matched up from various machines.

Kx 125 Cage with 250R reeds and a Custom enlarged stuffer for the Bigbore engine.

As far as how my machine stacks up to a 500 cc engine,well I have video of me running darn near with them,but it is on VHS and I have no way to upload those.

I dont beat them,but I am within 1-2 lengths of them.That is against 500cc trikes too.

As far as a 450 giving it hell, keep in mind that was a built 450,polished ported cams exhaust etc.

My machine only has a plus 4 swinger.It was built to handle any terrain I wanted,but stays strictly on the drag strip.

I run the lowest CC dome available,and I can bump it up even more.

I am sure if I dropped a wheelie bar on it or longer swinger, and outframe drag pipe On it, I could it mid to low 4's in 300 ft.

My best time so far was 5.12 on stock Ohtsu tires.

I cant keep the front end down.

Point is, it handles many modded 450s, and Banshee's with no problems.On a little 310cc cylinder. :biggrin:

I finished runner up that night and won against the fastest LT 450R there,overheated my clutch due to long staging times during the second elim of a double elim final.

The only reason I lost was they ran the outlaw bikes before us,and my rear wheels were up on a hump.I had to fan the clutch and ride the brakes to keep from rolling the trap.

Then they prestaged us so long in the second pass, my clutch overheated.

Thats racing!

All that was on a prototype un ported cylinder with a restricting DG pipe.

I now have a new ported,cylinder with Phase 5 pipe.Changed up the gearing.

Trust me its fast.

Here is the vid of me winning the first final elim that night,and then me losing against that LT 450R,in the second elim.

But I did beat him.

th_uvs070923-015.jpg

the second race looks like he just got the hole shot on ya.you were saying you only had a +4 swinger,looks like the 450 is stock wheelbase.i know what the tri z and 250r are capable of i had a 250r back in the day and had a buddy that rode a tri z.i have a cr500 that's scary to ride ,talking about trying to keep the front end down.if you read back i said i thought your z ran good,but i am still saying there is a power to weight advantage with a 3 wheeler racing a 4 wheeler.its about the same thing as your tri z racing a lighter dirt bike.its just like a camaro or trans am racing my luv truck, they have to have a 100hp more than me, just to run with me.

for a single cylinder the tri z does run hard.

Corey Sprock from Sprock Racing sells the triz stuff we make. He is the big three wheeler guy.

I learned something.......... I always thought Sprock made their own stuff. I am not sure why I thought that.......... Anyways, that's useful info to file into my database of knowledge that isn't worth much. :biggrin:

• 3 weeks later...
Stock reeds won't work. With the center rib you lose about 5% flow.

I dont need it, I have a low-mid setup. I need the tension of a low-mid carbon petal with the knifing of a stock style straight flowing cage. My carbon tech mid petals work great on stock cages with knifing. It would just be cool to get a little straighter flow through them. It looks like your cages would push the air straight through instead of splaying it out towards the top and bottom of the intake tract.

just ordered mine tonight. hey you still out of black Chariot? whats up with that :biggrin:. j/k red is fine too

haha..I just read my ebay message man and saw he was out of black tonight..Got so excited I didnt read the whole ad..:(...Got that blue comin now....

I dont need it, I have a low-mid setup. I need the tension of a low-mid carbon petal with the knifing of a stock style straight flowing cage. My carbon tech mid petals work great on stock cages with knifing. It would just be cool to get a little straighter flow through them. It looks like your cages would push the air straight through instead of splaying it out towards the top and bottom of the intake tract.

No, the flow to top and bottom is the same. Any change to the kick up on the reed tip is detrimental to flow. Stock had that part right on. The center if anything only directs the flow side to side but we found with thread tests it does not direct it at all it simply lessens the flow.

This is a good excahnge of ideas isn't it! Threads like this keep the sport going, carry on mates!

No, the flow to top and bottom is the same. Any change to the kick up on the reed tip is detrimental to flow. Stock had that part right on. The center if anything only directs the flow side to side but we found with thread tests it does not direct it at all it simply lessens the flow.

This is a good excahnge of ideas isn't it! Threads like this keep the sport going, carry on mates!

That comment was made in referrence to the vf3 cages. When I port a motor for a guy who runs vf3's, I have to grind the step out of the intake tract. If you dont, the vf3 cage opens directly into it. The vf3 shoots the air into the tract celing and floor, then its got to funnel down to go in.

The chariot cage looks to me like it would work like a stock cage with a little more flow through it. I need to keep a straight shot in on the tract with good velocity. I dont need a ton of petal area like a vf3 has.

Just one more set of red and blue left also. We have production planned on these in a month. Getting behind on stuff which I hate to do but happens at times.

Thanks for using our parts.

No thank you my friend for making these parts for US!!.