Banshee build going baddddddddd

gclark63

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So now that this thread is 6 pages long and I am too lazy to look through everything again: you have spark right? you have fuel? you have air and combustion?

Is it still backfiring?

Can you summarize the problem and every action taken or test in 1 reply? I am with whoever said it is probably something simple that is just being over looked, and I am still betting on something electric: wire melted or separated, CDI, voltage regulator, stator, coil, etc

So now that this thread is 6 pages long and I am too lazy to look through everything again: you have spark right? you have fuel? you have air and combustion?

Is it still backfiring?

Can you summarize the problem and every action taken or test in 1 reply? I am with whoever said it is probably something simple that is just being over looked, and I am still betting on something electric: wire melted or separated, CDI, voltage regulator, stator, coil, etc

yep, spark, fuel, air. It does not back fire as much but still wont run, it is tring to fire. I can kick on it and it will fill my garage with smoke!( was white at first now it is a light gray, All wires have been checked, inspected by hand one by one. I do have a CDI coming in tomarrow. Allelectrics are new and check out according to specs post on here. I have everything coming in to do a leak down test this weekend. I hope it is narrowed down to, (a.) CDI box (b.) air leak I missed (c.) Twisted Crank (d.) bad fly wheel (mine looks to be in perfect shape, no cracks, chips etc......)

yep, spark, fuel, air. It does not back fire as much but still wont run, it is tring to fire. I can kick on it and it will fill my garage with smoke!( was white at first now it is a light gray, All wires have been checked, inspected by hand one by one. I do have a CDI coming in tomarrow. Allelectrics are new and check out according to specs post on here. I have everything coming in to do a leak down test this weekend. I hope it is narrowed down to, (a.) CDI box (b.) air leak I missed (c.) Twisted Crank (d.) bad fly wheel (mine looks to be in perfect shape, no cracks, chips etc......)

If you have white smoke, then you either have water in your fuel or a leaking head gasket. Try openinthe radiator and kicking the bike over a couple of times. If you see bubbles then your head gasket is bad. :thumbsup:

just a thought did you leave your pipes laying some where to get a build up in them. when we built my new motor my pipes were left in a barn and a pack rat made a nest in them, my banshee acted the same way.

If you have white smoke, then you either have water in your fuel or a leaking head gasket. Try openinthe radiator and kicking the bike over a couple of times. If you see bubbles then your head gasket is bad. :thumbsup:

YOu can also look for water beaded up on the plugs.

I'm still leaning toward the key bypass. I fought with mine one day so long that I had to untape another harness to follow the wires to remind myself which wires to bypass, and which to leave alone...even though I've shortened, and bypassed 3 or 4 harnesses. There are a couple wires I think that don't need to be connected to anything, just taped off...at least on my harnesses (no lights).

everything has just about been covered here from what I can tell.are you sure you haven't missed something somewhere.you may have over looked the problem.its probably something simple like the muffler bearings lol.

everything has just about been covered here from what I can tell.are you sure you haven't missed something somewhere.you may have over looked the problem.its probably something simple like the muffler bearings lol.

He replaced those when he tried the Banshee plastic. Where have you been? :yelrotflmao:

What J-Madd said

I did think about changing out the dickfer though, what do you think?

This is a reach but it seems that you have tried everything else and I didn`t see it mentioned. drain the tank and carbs. try a fresh fuel maybe you got a bad batch some how maybe it got some diesel in it or something. try it from a different source than what you currently have. like I said its a reach

This is a reach but it seems that you have tried everything else and I didn`t see it mentioned. drain the tank and carbs. try a fresh fuel maybe you got a bad batch some how maybe it got some diesel in it or something. try it from a different source than what you currently have. like I said its a reach

tried fresh fuel, but bought it at the same place. Will try differant supplier.

tkx