Lets see how tan and jacked you are...

locogato11283

Been off the routine for a bit while I deal with some other shit, so I'll hold off on the pics til I'm back up where I was. A while back I went from 180 to 196 at 9% BF. I felt great. Currently sitting at 183 lbs and I'm 5'10". Getting back into the gym on Monday.

• 1 month later...

Going from a very physical job, to my current sit on my ass job...I've put on about 30LBS. I've been hitting the gym 6-7 days a week and eating super healthy, and I'm already down about 15 pounds since thanksgiving and starting to feel great :headbang:

Not big into heavy weight lifting, but I've been running alot and doing high rep lifting. My goal is to get down to 180 by spring, I'm at 200 right now.

A good thing about losing weight is my shee will be a little faster now :bolt:

I'm the fattest and most out of shape I've ever been, just broke 200 and feel like shit. I would like to be at 170-175 tops. I have a very physical job but only work a few months a year and It seems as the years go by I just keep getting worse. I have all kinds of equipment but never seem to get motivated enough to get on it. I've got lots of muscle it's just hidden under a thick layer of fat and I would like to go to a gym so I have other people help keep me motivated but I never will looking like this. I have three months before I have to go back to work so I'm going to really try to get back in shape. I think once I start seeing some progress I will really get into it. Getting old sucks.

At this point I'm kind of writing up my routine as I go to see what I think will benefit me the most. I have a weider crossbow similar to a bowflex so I'm trying different things to see what I like. I want to concentrate mainly on abs, chest and upper body with some calf type exercises on that and then get on the eliptical machine for a while everyday for some cardio and that should help with the leg work to. I also have some other rowing type machine that I might try. I would like to go to the gym just for the pool for a couple days a week too. I need to change my diet and watch what I eat, thats going to be the hardest thing for me because I've become a hog. My goal is to loose weight and tone up for now, building muscle isn't my concern at the moment... It's under there, I just cant see it yet.

What are your thoughts on p90x or whatever its called?

i got a cd with my ab lounge.. its pretty intense.

Hahaha.

At this point I'm kind of writing up my routine as I go to see what I think will benefit me the most. I have a weider crossbow similar to a bowflex so I'm trying different things to see what I like. I want to concentrate mainly on abs, chest and upper body with some calf type exercises on that and then get on the eliptical machine for a while everyday for some cardio and that should help with the leg work to. I also have some other rowing type machine that I might try. I would like to go to the gym just for the pool for a couple days a week too. I need to change my diet and watch what I eat, thats going to be the hardest thing for me because I've become a hog. My goal is to loose weight and tone up for now, building muscle isn't my concern at the moment... It's under there, I just cant see it yet.

What are your thoughts on p90x or whatever its called?

I have never done p90x, but I am also very lean and work outside. I don't think it is at all necessary to lose weight though. Like you said, diet will be huge. Ellipticals are about worthless as far as I'm concerned. You just don't do enough. I have read that walking up stairs is more effective than running on flat ground. I would keep that in mind. Honestly, I would go to the gym as much as you can. Getting motivated to work out at home when the couch, bed, tv and computer are there will be difficult. Making yourself drive to the gym will be much more effective because you will want to get as much in as you can while you are there..

I do a rapid interval work out that goes like this:

1/4 mile (warm up)on treadmill

bench regular grip with chains

1/4 mile 7 min mile pace

bench wide grip with chains

1/4 mile 7 min mile pace

bench narrow grip with chains

1/4 mile 7 min mile pace

medicine ball work out

1/4 mile 7 min mile pace

and then start all over again I'll throw any other exercise in to fit what I'm focusing on. there are no breaks what so ever, you are exhausted when your done.

There's a guy in my gym who went from 350lbs to 200lbs in a few years. The dude stays doing pull ups and looks jacked. he's a prime example of wanting to get in shape and doing it drastically. everyone has different ideas of the way they would like to look and different things work for different people but one thing is always the same, it takes a long period of hard work to get there. Its a game of ups and downs but you are your maker! I started 165 3yrs ago then got to 200, did 2 months of test and like 5 months later I'm at 210 pretty lean. It never gets easy you just have to want it

Your right about going to the gym to stay motivated, I've had this equipment for over 7 years and have never used any of it. I'm going to make myself do it now but I think I'll try to find someone who will go to the gym with me. I bet in three months I can get in a lot better shape.

Don't get dependent on a partner because they usually don't last and it throw you off. You really only need partners for spots. Use a ipod and keep pushing yourself. When I don't have much time I just workout at home with my own equipment

Your right about going to the gym to stay motivated, I've had this equipment for over 7 years and have never used any of it. I'm going to make myself do it now but I think I'll try to find someone who will go to the gym with me. I bet in three months I can get in a lot better shape.

Don't get dependent on a partner because they usually don't last and it throw you off. You really only need partners for spots. Use a ipod and keep pushing yourself. When I don't have much time I just workout at home with my own equipment

Agreed. I work out at different times and end up working out by myself more often than not. I never rely on anyone to make it to the gym with me.

iPod is good. Eminem, Tech 9, Kanye, T.I. and B.O.B all get me ready to kill some weights.