Lets see how tan and jacked you are...

locogato11283

10 minutes ago, SKEETER said:

Beginner workout- 

So let's hear opinions from folks that legitimately spend time in SWOLL town.  I've never really spent time working out and serious about it.  I'm clueless where to start, what muscle groups to hit and how often for each excercise, How do you figure out what # to utilize , etc.  Will be having surgery soon on L5-S1. Nothing major.  So need to keep that in mind for now.  I'd like to hear what you would recommend, I'm tired of looking like a more handsome ,  chinless version of n2otoofast4u.  Time to take action.  Also, any products you've had good results from, whey, creatine, etc.  THANKS, 

Management. 

Honestly you could start with just doing a lot of bodyweight exercises at home to acclimate your body to working out.  I still do a lot of bodyweight training and you can get a good workout from it.   I would steer away from powerlifting because you will jack your body up and dont let anybody talk you into that bull crap style of training.  With that said there is place for "heavy" weight training but maxing out on a lift unless you compete in powerlifting is stupid. but with your back issues I wouldnt even be thinking about that right now.  

if i were you I would consistently be doing stretches that help you back and strengthen your back muscles first and foremost.  there is a lot of bs on youtube but ATHLEANX is a solid channel with good stuff.  Look into that.    supplements are a waste of money for the most part.  whey protein is good to get more protein in through the day but real food protein should be priority.  

I have no desire of ruining my body as ddq is in process of. Doing physical therapy has helped tremendously in loosening muscles up ,  I've been stretching daily.  Ill check out athleanx tonight. Thx captain.

10 minutes ago, locogato11283 said:

What’s your diet like? That’s more important than the work out.

Usually 4 or 5 eggs for bfast/lunch.  2 cups coffee.  Then water rest of day. Dinner is kind of random, sometimes just a PBJ , or 4 - 2oz smoked fish fillets. I know dieting is a big factor, I've lost close to 60# since Sept,  from changing that.   But I know there is lots of room for improvement.   I'm thinking pushups, pull ups, squats is gonna be best to get body prepped before I start doing anything with weight. What I'm curious about is establishing a starting point, for how many reps, and how often, etc.  I dont want to be doing this shit just to find out I'm wasting time

51 minutes ago, SKEETER said:

Usually 4 or 5 eggs for bfast/lunch.  2 cups coffee.  Then water rest of day. Dinner is kind of random, sometimes just a PBJ , or 4 - 2oz smoked fish fillets. I know dieting is a big factor, I've lost close to 60# since Sept,  from changing that.   But I know there is lots of room for improvement.   I'm thinking pushups, pull ups, squats is gonna be best to get body prepped before I start doing anything with weight. What I'm curious about is establishing a starting point, for how many reps, and how often, etc.  I dont want to be doing this shit just to find out I'm wasting time

keeping track of your protein, fat, carb intake will help, you dont have to be super anal about it, you can eat intuitively like you have been, but just making sure you are getting enough protein (.75 grams per bodyweight) and healthy fats is a good focus, and just eat carbs around your workout times, or times you are more active.  once week on all bodyparts is a good starting point, 8-15 reps on most stuff with 3-4 sets. shorter rest times, 60-90 seconds 

Edited by Ayesully810

On 5/3/2019 at 6:17 PM, Ayesully810 said:

Honestly you could start with just doing a lot of bodyweight exercises at home to acclimate your body to working out.  I still do a lot of bodyweight training and you can get a good workout from it.   I would steer away from powerlifting because you will jack your body up and dont let anybody talk you into that bull crap style of training.  With that said there is place for "heavy" weight training but maxing out on a lift unless you compete in powerlifting is stupid. but with your back issues I wouldnt even be thinking about that right now.  

if i were you I would consistently be doing stretches that help you back and strengthen your back muscles first and foremost.  there is a lot of bs on youtube but ATHLEANX is a solid channel with good stuff.  Look into that.    supplements are a waste of money for the most part.  whey protein is good to get more protein in through the day but real food protein should be priority.  

Spot on with your last paragraph. Agree 100%. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 7/28/2019 at 12:47 PM, DDQ said:

Post-squat work with the Michelin 20.5R25 XHA2. It feels like it is around 500#

Anyone else do tire work now and then?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Yes I have a big tire i flip in my backyard. i usually do timed sets 

• 8 months later...