Buddy's stock yfz 450 vs banshee

I owned 3 banshees in all and none can compare to the holeshot I get on the 450.I loved the power delivery of my banshees and the plush seat,but that was it.Even with suspension work,and the best tires,handling was marginal and ergonomics sucked.

450's are hard to beat if you set them up right.Watch the weight you add in aftermarket,including tires,A-arms,axles,pipe etc.Ditch the electric start for Kicker,remove the extra starter junk from flywheel and viola!Its hard to make up the power potential compared to a banshee engine,but these things will fly if you can shave some weight.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never been beat by a bolt on 4-Stroke on my bolt-on Banshee, unless I missed a gear, wheelied, or bogged - which all rarely happened. I could smoke other banshees by several lenghts in 400ft or so..some run better than others...this one just happened to be one of the best running unported Banshees I'd ever seen or rode.

I've never been beat by a bolt on 4-Stroke on my bolt-on Banshee, unless I missed a gear, wheelied, or bogged - which all rarely happened. I could smoke other banshees by several lenghts in 400ft or so..some run better than others...this one just happened to be one of the best running unported Banshees I'd ever seen or rode.

Banshees are one dimensional,they might make a good drag bike,but thats it.They are the Kimbo Slice of the ATV world.

u do know kimbo slice beats alot of ass don't you? :blink:

Yeah he does, but only in street fights. You put him a ring or cage with an experienced trained fighter and he will get his ass kicked. In the world of MMA he is a joke, in street fights he is king. So i would say that is a good analogy. Banshee's are fast in a straight line, and unless you put a lot of money into new a-arms, shocks etc... its not EVER gonna compete with a new 450 on a track. And i know from experience some 450's like my LTR wake up alot just like banshees when you start bolting things on.

To think that any banshee can take a new 450 is just plain ignorant. And to also think that you dont have to be a good rider to ride one is a fuckin joke too. Both banshee's and 450's take skill to ride.

I said it once and I will say it again, I will line up with anyone that thinks their "bolt on" banshee can take on a "bolt on" LTR and I will show you they deserve respect. I am not arrogant enough to claim that I will win every race, but I most definitely compete.

ONE

My buddy got a new yfz 450 stock and he raced my other friend on his banshee that has cool head, fmf exhaust, v force reeds, 35mm keihin carbs, and k&N's. I thought the banshee would eat this thing up, but it didnt kill it by a long shot the yfz was only a lenth behind the whole time. From what i have heard a banshee should destroy that thing in a race with those mods. Do any of you guys have any input on what may have been wrong with the banshee or is it that the yfz's are that fast? I almost forgot the race was a drag race.

The banshee uses 20 year old technology,that should pretty much sum it up.

Banshees are one dimensional,they might make a good drag bike,but thats it.They are the Kimbo Slice of the ATV world.

NO argument there. They pretty much suck outside of a straight line, unless you dump some $$ in suspension, etc.

I had the same problem with my banshee, I could never beat the 450's until...I learned how to ride. Now they don't even want to race me. I give them about 5 bikes and still walk them. It's even worse on gravel or sand or anywhere :yelrotflmao:

450s are respectable and they do get a mean holeshot but after bout 50ft you wont have enough gears to catch me unless its got some crazy ass nos and turbo bullshit on it. I never said i would beat a 450 on a track this was originally about a drag race. racing on a track is a completely different animal otherwise they wouldnt have been using 250rs for all those years. and you cant even argue that a 4 poke isnt an easier machine to ride. :evil:

To get used to the 2-strokes power band, keeping the bike "on" the pipe, some just cant do it, I know of people who are totally useless with 2-strokes. Some people has a feeling for a motor, AND FOR sure, for the average rider a 4-strokes are much easier to adopt and getting use to. I like the LTRs, I'll give them credit for the excellent power/handling combination, they are fast. BUT if you throw serious money into the 350 twin and the same into the 4-stroke, you will be crying on your buddies shoulder, "why can't I just beat that banshee 1 time", All the time... (in a drag or pavement race) BUT I like the LTRs, they are awesome, no jokes.. :beer:

Edited by 2strokespirit

I owned 3 banshees in all and none can compare to the holeshot I get on the 450.I loved the power delivery of my banshees and the plush seat,but that was it.Even with suspension work,and the best tires,handling was marginal and ergonomics sucked.

450's are hard to beat if you set them up right.Watch the weight you add in aftermarket,including tires,A-arms,axles,pipe etc.Ditch the electric start for Kicker,remove the extra starter junk from flywheel and viola!Its hard to make up the power potential compared to a banshee engine,but these things will fly if you can shave some weight.

None of your banshees were setup right. Setup right a 450 can hang and maybe win after that your favorite 20 yr old tech is going to beat your little 450's ass like Kimbo when he hears your talkin shit on his abilities. Your ltr is a great quad for the track trails and as a duner. You need to learn though son that your little 450 will never hang with a set up banshee with a good rider in a drag on any surface. Horray for you you can hang with a bolt on shee how many people who love their shee's just have bolt ons? I will still ride myported shee any day over a well set up 450 in the dunes or in any drag situation.

my old stock cyln set up would take bolt on yfz,ltr and raptors in a drag... buddy had a ltr with programmer and exhaust and intake mod... i had mild port,34 pjs,shaved head,lightened fly wheel and f.a.s.t. clutch (with my fmf fatties on)and would beat him everytime by acouple bikes.... i d take my buddies rap 700 with barkers ,programmer and intake and beat my buddies 686 craycraft rap ..

my moneys always on a shee in strait line.... theere is some bad ass 4 strokes ,but u'll spend more money on ur for stroke than on a banshee to make it faster

ricosshit001.jpg