Tires

Just wondering what everyone thinks i heve a really small hole in my front tire like a thorn size goes flat in like 2 to 3 days. Should i plug it like a car tire? Im thinking what will make a very big hole. Is there a better way?

where is the hole located? is it on a tread or in between? for small holes in between i have used small pan head screws before to seal them up. that way you dont have to make the hole any bigger than it already is. if its on the tread youre probably gonna have to plug it, and then cut it off so that it doesnt rip out. if its in the sidewall you can use either method.

I used fix a flat one time on a rear tire and it worked for a while but the tire seems to leak slowly again. I havnt fixed it because i dont use my nobbies ever so it isnt a big deal. the slime might work but I dont think it would be a long time fix. I would just plug it if I were you. :evil:

Just plug it as long as its not on the sidewall a plug will be fine. Fix a flat slime ect are just bandaids they will wear with time a plug wont fade at all. I had 5 plugs in my front holeshot when I had my LT250R and it lasted a year untill I sliced my sidewall.

Plugs are a quick and easy fix. They work, but there are other methods. Personally, I like to bust the bead, and put a patch on the inside. You don't have to worry about it ripping out, or leaking. If you have a bead tool, or two really big screwdrivers, that's what I would do.

Plugs are a quick and easy fix. They work, but there are other methods. Personally, I like to bust the bead, and put a patch on the inside. You don't have to worry about it ripping out, or leaking. If you have a bead tool, or two really big screwdrivers, that's what I would do.

i agree i think a patch is the way to go although ive seen patches with plugs on them also

I started writing about plug patches, but I wasn't sure anyone would know what the hell I was talking about. Here ya go.

http://store.go-fast-parts.com/5709517.html

A regular tire plug will work fine.Those tires are low pressure,don't waste your time with patches.

And as for sidewall punctures,plugs will get you by.We once used 10 plugs to patch a side wall on the trail.He rode like that untill the tires were worn down to nubs,almost 2 years.Probably not the safest since it was sidewall,but it held air for months

A regular tire plug will work fine.Those tires are low pressure,don't waste your time with patches.

I disagree to an extent. Plugs do work, most of the time. But, Banshee's tend to spin, and spin, and spin the rear tires. I had plugs in a couple different spots on my HoleShots that I had. They were in there for at least 3 months. Then one day, one of them decided to catch on something and rip right out. And yes, plug glue was used. Now, because of a fluke, you're left stranded and have to walk a couple miles to your truck. Not fun. That's why I recommend patches.

I disagree to an extent. Plugs do work, most of the time. But, Banshee's tend to spin, and spin, and spin the rear tires. I had plugs in a couple different spots on my HoleShots that I had. They were in there for at least 3 months. Then one day, one of them decided to catch on something and rip right out. And yes, plug glue was used. Now, because of a fluke, you're left stranded and have to walk a couple miles to your truck. Not fun. That's why I recommend patches.

You obviously have no experience with plugging tires.Your suppose to cut off any and all excess coming out of the tire,if you do this,you will never have issues with plugs coming out.I always see dumb asses with plugs hanging out 1/2 inch or more.Its not rocket science,take a razor blade and cut the plug off flush with the tire surface,unless your running slicks,you should not have a problem with plugs coming out.

Never had a plug come out on an atv or car tire and I've been plugging tires for 20 years.

Edited by BlazinOne

You obviously have no experience with plugging tires.Your suppose to cut off any and all excess coming out of the tire,if you do this,you will never have issues with plugs coming out.I always see dumb asses with plugs hanging out 1/2 inch or more.Its not rocket science,take a razor blade and cut the plug off flush with the tire surface,unless your running slicks,you should not have a problem with plugs coming out.

Never had a plug come out on an atv or car tire and I've been plugging tires for 20 years.

No shit. The rubber can still seperate and something could grab it. I've also been plugging tires for many years, and know how to do it very well. I've plugged many tractor trailer tires with 115psi in them, and felt comfortable with it. That's the first time I've ever had one come out. The guy wanted to know of a different way to do it, so a patch is a different way. No need for you to be an asshole.