herr juggs

blanco25

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im looking at some of the parts you have on your bike shee4 and I notice that you don't have an extended swing arm. Does that make your bike harder to ride as far as say hillshooting. like I said I rode a good ported banshee last weekend and the tires were always skyward.

Yeah, it's definately hard to keep the front end down. Once you get through the whoops and hit fourth the thing just pulls hard and keeps pulling to the top of the hill. A longer swinger would be nice and prob.coming in the future. I just have a few things to get taken care of then back to the shee. :thumbsup:

what is a t-rex motor ? how does it compare to a cub ?

trex is old school stuff, they are still made and sold but the port layout isn't quite as advanced as that of the cubs, but they can be made to run, just a lot of work has to be done.

They can be comparable to a cub but like i said everything has to be right,(setup and all that jazz) it takes alot more money too, everything is specifically for the trex. Dasa has a patent on the pistons and they are 250 bucks a set. The head is special and the intakes are from a 95 yz 250. They have powervalves which is really good when the cylinders are being used for a low end situation, ive got mine locked open though. gaskets are kinda pricey too.

this is how it ran up banshee hill at dumont before I got it jetted correctly. This is me going up the hill in 4th gear. I had it rejetted shortly after and I was able to get 5th gear up the hill so its a little faster now. But the bike can be inconsistant at times. sometimes it wants to pull 5th gear and sometimes not. This is also a stock stroke 393cc.

[

http://img532.imageshack.us/my.php?image=june2007165to9.flv

Edited by blanco25

this is how it ran up banshee hill at dumont before I got it jetted correctly. This is me going up the hill in 4th gear. I had it rejetted shortly after and I was able to get 5th gear up the hill so its a little faster now. But the bike can be inconsistant at times. sometimes it wants to pull 5th gear and sometimes not. This is also a stock stroke 393cc.

[

http://img532.imageshack.us/my.php?image=june2007165to9.flv

Is that a stock swingarm? Also was there any porting done to the cylinders at all?

Yes stock swingarm. supposedly there is a dune port on it.

i see, something is up with the porting or jetting cause i couldn't do much riding on mine without the front end coming up with the stock swingarm. I had a 4 over on mine when i duned it alot and 17/41 gearing and it was a monster down low with the powervalves still active.

i see, something is up with the porting or jetting cause i couldn't do much riding on mine without the front end coming up with the stock swingarm. I had a 4 over on mine when i duned it alot and 17/41 gearing and it was a monster down low with the powervalves still active.

Who's the go to shop for all the T-Rex proprietary stuff. Who's design is it?

Who's the go to shop for all the T-Rex proprietary stuff. Who's design is it?

Dasa aka Racers Edge is the creator of the cylinders i believe. Well atleast that is where i have always bought my parts from until here recently i get them from Jaff at FAST because he is a racers edge dealer and he saves me a little on parts.

http://www.teamracersedge.com/yamaha-banshee.htm

Dasa aka Racers Edge is the creator of the cylinders i believe. Well atleast that is where i have always bought my parts from until here recently i get them from Jaff at FAST because he is a racers edge dealer and he saves me a little on parts.

http://www.teamracersedge.com/yamaha-banshee.htm

Oh great! I will use Jeff at FAST. That helps a ton, thanks.

that is where i used to my parts from is team racers edge. i used to drive down there and back all the time to drop off and pick up. i just dont want to mess with them anymore. i got into it with dan one time because I wanted him to dyno tune my bike. i asked him to do before I got down there. he had my bike for a couple of months and when I got there he said he didn't do it. I drove 5 hours to get the bike. So after that I was done. hey kevin u dont like them? Oh by the way rex i even run 13/41 gearing