how did you get you banshee

... i got a blaster for my 16th birthday (last march) and had it for the summer. i found a trade on craigslist for a banshee. it wasnt finished and needed some work, but he thought it was to powerful for the trails... straight up trade. it came with a lot of parts, it was deffiniatly worth it

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got mine from a kid that graduated a year before me. He was never really much of a rider and got a banshee cause his friends had one. Ill bet he rode it consistantly for 2-3 months, just to keep up with his friends then he parked it in his basement only getting it out in the past 3 years probably 4 times.

He didnt ride it like a banshee was meant to be rode and he took very good care of it. When I got it the stock tires still had the little hairs on them.

3000.00 limited black for a pretty much brand new 2004

My LT250R was FUBAR and I wanted a new Racer. I debated between a 450 a TRX250R Or a Banshee. I rode a piped yfz450 and a pretty modded TRX250R back and forth for 1 day then My buddie with his Banshee came up and after riding the Banshee for 2 hours straight working lines and putting together in my mind how much it was worth upgrading to be competitive enough to hang with the others I just couldent see how it wouldnt be the perfect machine for me. Instantly addicted to the power and with the Mods I have on it now its great.

I looked around checked out about 8 Shees and ended up buying my used 03 for 2700.00 from the stealership.

I had $4000 cash in my pocket and went to buy a new four stroke. The damn salesman wouldn't let me drive it until after I bought it. I said screw that! Pulled out the role, watched him swet and left. Then went to another dealer and bought my banshee of the showroom floor.

Then I went back to show that salesman my new ride and thank him. :biggrin:

My buddy, after buying it new in 96...let it sit in his garage in pieces after he broke the shift shaft. The motor sat at his friends for 4 years....

Got it fixed, needed room in his garage for his camper, and I picked it up for a steal.

In early 07...I basically sold, traded, etc. the whole bike for the bike I have now. The only thing left over from my 96 is the seat, the radiator, the plastics and the rear brake caliper and resevoir....that's it. EVERYTHING else has been replaced, reworked, new/traded, etc.

Traded a 2002 CRF450r that had a blown head gasket, the silencer was bent in half, and the valves needed adjusted. I paid $3400 for the crf and rode it for a year, then all that stuff starting going wrong with it. I traded for a 2000 shee that needed a top end.

$200 for me to get the banshee running, $800 for him to get the crf running :biggrin:

Edited by colby72olds

In high school some of my buddies had some quads so I decided that I would look for one as well. Needless to say in highschool I was lazy and did not work so I had limited funds so I was looking for a "project" bike that i could rebuild. I figured I could rebuild one for cheap since I could do most of the work my self. Well finally after I graduated and moved out for college a buddy of mine called and told me about a another friend of ours who had a banshee that was in pieces and he wanted to get rid of it. So I called my buddy who had the banshee and I asked how much he wanted for it, he was told me whatever i offer. So for $100 i picked it up. It was in a milion pieces and the motor was blown, so i had the engine rebuilt and did the rest of the work my-self. I ended up putting about 1,000 into it and rode it for a year and then decided to sell it for a BRAND NEW LTR450, the Sickest quad ever. JK, eventually I HAVE TO own another banshee. Especially if i can find another steal like the first one!!!! :evil:

Yea it's pretty neat to hear all of our stories. And I agree with a statement that was said on here, said he will keep his shee until he can't ride anymore. I plan on keeping my ol' girl for as long as I can!!!

i had ridden bikes for as long as i can remember but got out of off road riding for a few years and stuck to the street, then wanted back into it. a buddy at work had a blaster and i always wanted a quad so i bought a new '00 blaster to go riding with him. at the time it was my first quad and the price was reasonable compared to larger quads (half as much as a shee and others) and i figured it would be good riding with my buddy on his blaster, same pace and all. i rode it for about a year and got fed up with it not hauling my ass up the hills i wanted to climb, and it was just basically too slow and too small for me. i always heard that banshees were the shit and seen a few at different rides and places and was pretty impressed. i went back to the dealer where i got my blaster and traded it on a new '01 shee. i fell in love with it on the first ride. the whole package just kicked ass over the blaster. and after finding the hq, it wasn't long till some mods were done and so on. i have to say though, that the blaster was an excellent first quad, as far as learning to ride and handle a quad.

i raced motocross for like 6 years, started on an old rm 80 then a newer yz, thena yz 125, and never intended on getting a quad. i thought quads were for pussys. i had rode a few stock shees, and raced one with t6's and my 125 beat it, so i wasnt too impressed.

i was in the market for a new dirtbike(450 or 250 two stroke), but my mom watched me crash bigtime (cased the biggest double and then went over the bars) practicing for a race and put an end to my racing days.

around the same time i rode another friends piped shee while out camping, and i really liked having lights, and going fast. about a month later i bought one, had no truck at the time so rode it home on the road lol and here i am :cool:

I started out wanting a Raptor 700R (hated the 660's but when the 700 came out I wanted one immediately).

I went and rode an 06 at the dealer, but the only way I could swing it is to trade my 05 Suzuki King Quad 700 4x4 for it, and add a little cash.

I really didn't want to do that because I wanted to keep the 700, plus get a sport quad.

Have had a lot of good times on the 700 4x4 and even took it to the dunes last year, only problem was all my friends have sport quads so I needed something that would keep up, most of the ride YFZ450's.

Was getting a tax return and some other money so I had about 3K give or take 500 to spend and started looking for a sport quad in that price range, so I could just pay cash and keep my 4x4.

Was set on finding a YFZ in that price range even if it needed work, but started talking to some people and decided I would look for a banshee.

There was a wanted ad on www.dunereview.com and this guys says his friend has a banshee he wants to sell and will let it go for 2K.

I called the guys number and he still had it. Went down and rode it, started up first kick and ran great. Was an 02 with nothing but FMF pipes, and this guy takes really good care of his stuff I can tell.

I gave the guy a deposit, come back the next day and pay him the rest and pick her up.

I'm a gearhead so I immediately wanted to start doin some mods to it. Hooked up with bigred350x from dune review and he's been showin me the ropes.

Fun ride so far! Can't wait to get the porting and bigger carbs, just a couple weeks!!!