Panet Sand is fucking stupid

Bansh-eman

hold on here rusty1100...

travis--bigboybanshee... is one of the top members on bansheehq. he is friends with alot of members and has great advice for the banshee community. i call travis, a friend.. and i do look up to him.

if u have a ? about banshee's travis knows his stuff and is always willing to help.

travis is also well know on ps... he is in to drag racing pretty hard so planet sand gives him what he needs for the drag racing scene.

travis is just pointing out how he see's it. i do have issues with ps.. but i do get on there my self. travis is making a good point.. we all have are opinions.

but banshee hq needs members like bigboy.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hold on here rusty1100...

travis--bigboybanshee... is one of the top members on bansheehq. he is friends with alot of members and has great advice for the banshee community. i call travis, a friend.. and i do look up to him.

if u have a ? about banshee's travis knows his stuff and is always willing to help.

travis is also well know on ps... he is in to drag racing pretty hard so planet sand gives him what he needs for the drag racing scene.

travis is just pointing out how he see's it. i do have issues with ps.. but i do get on there my self. travis is making a good point.. we all have are opinions.

but banshee hq needs members like bigboy.

Thats all fine and great, he may make a good point about PS but at the same time does he have to bash HQ?

i think he's calling it as he see's it. and alot of its true. im so guilty of cussing ,putting up dirty pics ,posting up worthless post and verbally abusing people on here. thats one reason i keep my little butt over here on hq. this is just a more layed back site. i do try and watch what i say and do.. and i should try alittle harder..... but ,ive met alot of really cool people on here and its fun to mess around sometimes.

but... this is also a great forum for people with stock shee's to full out deag shee's. and there is so much knowlege on this site. even if its a stupid ? thats been asked over and over... somebody is willing to help u out.

i think he's calling it as he see's it. and alot of its true. im so guilty of cussing ,putting up dirty pics ,posting up worthless post and verbally abusing people on here. thats one reason i keep my little butt over here on hq. this is just a more layed back site. i do try and watch what i say and do.. and i should try alittle harder..... but ,ive met alot of really cool people on here and its fun to mess around sometimes.

but... this is also a great forum for people with stock shee's to full out deag shee's. and there is so much knowlege on this site. even if its a stupid ? thats been asked over and over... somebody is willing to help u out.

Your right on both aspects, theres not many sites that let you get away with the things that this one does, it sometimes does get outta control, but like you said its fun to play around with people on here, and theres definatley a lot of knowledge here.

:evil:

i belong to both sites...since i started serious drag racing with travis (bigboybanshee) and the gang, PS has become much more valuable to me and i spend most of my time over there...sure you can cuss each other over here and STS but if you want to get much above cub cylinders the wealth of knowledge on PS is invaluable...just a fact...

also, being in business myself, i realize how costs to run the business can add up and they are often not apparent to the casual observer...to be quite honest, i was surprised to get as much as we did on PS for free for so long and had no complaint or problem with paying for a subscription that matched my level of interest and dedication...

plus, as has been noted over there quite frequently lately, the fees will drastically cut down on junk posts from deadbeat net surfers that really just waste alot of time and space on the site anyway...

dbr

:thumbsup:

Thats all fine and great, he may make a good point about PS but at the same time does he have to bash HQ?

I've been a member on this site since 03, and a member on planetsand since 05. I own two quads, a trail banshee and a drag banshee. I'm still an active member here because I like being able to keep up with my friends I've made over the years, friends that don't go to planetsand. I also like being able to help out with some of the things I've learned throughout my experiences, a lot of info I share has come from planetsand. If you haven't noticed, I also have a premium membership on HQ...not because I want access to the video section, or want more room to upload pics, I have a membership to help Lee with the expenses of the site. Sometimes folks should stop thinking about themselves so much and think about what others are doing for YOU to give you a nice forum to enjoy. If you got a problem with spending 30 bucks a year for information/entertainment, you need to find another hobby, cause you more than likely can't afford the gas/oil to go ride. It's one thing if you don't find the site valuable enough to you to pay a yearly fee, but there's no reason to go trashing the place because of it. It pisses me off to hear folks trashing planetsand because they have rules and regulations that they uphold, rules and regs that were agreed upon when you sign up to the forums. Planetsand is extremely valuable to me now, as bansheehq used to be my main source for info and was my "bible" for banshees back when I was trying to learn. The site is expanding, it's Charlie's business, he needs help, and I don't have a problem donating 30 bucks a year to someone who's providing a place for me to share my love for the sport.

I don't feel I was trashing bansheehq, I was pointing out the obvious which is fact. I'm not making anything up. If you feel its trash, then that's how you perceive the truth about the site. I have no grievances with anyone on here, I wasn't trying to make personal attacks, just stating the truth about what you see here, opposed to what you see over there. Even though I don't agree with a lot said by others, I don't hold anything personal, everyone is entitled to their opinion, as I am mine.

Rico, I appreciate all your kind words, I definitely think of you as a friend too, not just some body behind a name. :thanks:

i really don't see the issue if you can still access the site for free (except for the search function and posting in the classifieds). the search is no big deal, if you can't find it on the HQ first by searching or asking,go to PS and post the question. i also seem to remember a section here on the HQ that only premium members could use!

There is a premium off topic section here, as well as you have to be a registered member to use the video and image section, I believe. It may only be the Video section....

I know I'm going to pony up the cash to use search and PMs, I would have rather been asked rather than told, that's all I'm saying. I've never been asked for a dime from the HQ. I buy a yearly because Lee isn't a money hungry slob....and I've always considered this my home. Even though I'm on PS more and more because of the level of drag racing I do...I still like the tone and attitude of this board better.

by forcing people to pay for his site, doesn't that hurt the sport? If I was a new comer just getting into the sport and I stumbled onto p/s I wouldn't want to spend money on a site like that. I'm not saying everything should be free, but if he set up a donation like bhq then all the people that feel like they are getting something for nothing can donate to keep the site alive. I've been on pirate4x4.com for years and it is a much nicer site with a lot (a lot) more memebers and posts, and their site is free with optional donations.

I don't think by making it mandatory to pay he is going to help the sport or his members, the only person that is it is going to help is him. By taking the search function away it is going to put more worthless posts up there that will just get deleted (because it has already been answered), and then the person posting won't get their answer, and it will make that new comer feel like p/s is full of assholes.

Here are some basic facts.

There are many websites on the net that use a million times the bandwidth of Planetsand that do not charge a single cent. Here are just few;

Myspace

Yahoo

YouTube

Google

These websites make their money from the advertising.

Planetsand has 29 Platnium sponsors and 8 Gold sponsors that are listed on the site. Now lets add that up, 29 X $1000 + 8 X $500 = $33,000. I know for a fact that site does not cost $33,000 a year to operate.

A post was made in regards to this and it was deleted in less then 5 minutes. Charlie stated that not all of the platnium members have paid him. If that is the case then why are their ads still up. I guess since his sponsors are supossedly screwing him, it is time to screw the members??? WTF

The site has over 25000 members. They claim that most people have multiple usernames. I can tell you that that is some BS because they purge any names that are not used often. Lets just say that is true and say that there are actually 10000 members. Most people will probably pay the $25 because anything lower is pretty useless. Well if 10000 members pay $25 that another $250,000.

So right now he has $33,000 in paid sponsors and he needs another $250,000 on top of that, just to break even, when there are sites out there that use a million times more bandwith that are not charging a dime!!!

Lastly, Charlie claims that up until now, he has been paying out of his pocket to keep the site running. Come on!!! if he needs hundreds of thousands of dollars to keep the site running now, do you honestly think that he has been paying out hundreds of thousands of dollars in the past to keep it running.

LMFAO Yeah its not all about the money!!! Poor Charlie, :sad: what a F-ing Crook!!!!

If you plan to support that site, I hope his plan fails and they change it back to free again, because I can sure tell you that he won't be sending any refunds and you will be screwed!!!

Look out for the new site www.planetsand4free.com