Lets see how many Canadian BHQer

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bowden ALBERTA

trails GRAVAL PITS and hopefully sand at brule lake dunes..

98 blue and white , stock but not for long

chasing dirt bikes down trails but I always end up king of the hill.

I am also the guy with the truck hauling everybody

:thumbsup: any one else ride at brule, ( never been there myself)

ALBERTA ONLY

don't shoot the messenger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but all public lands Are closed for may long

if you have a truck, quad, dirt bike horse, alcohol, or a pulse you will be told to go home........

this is only for may long because of all the grad parties, dunks and total destruction that happened this weekend. dont even try to go they will be every ware.

there is more destruction in this one weekend then all others combined.

this is according to local SRD at the red deer sportsman's show.

double check with srd before going out on may long this has been discussed on Albertan off road forums so i am not making this up!!

okay so where are these brule lake sand dunes? i have been dieing to ride some dunes and didnt know there was any in alberta, how far away from calgary

has any one seen the new 08 banshees. orange and black looks bad Ass. every one in the states thinks the banshees are dead but they are still alive...

my research about brule has turned up this!!!!!!!this is from a year ago ....

I did a quick search through my comp and these are all I could find for pics... unfortunatly they are just along the beach and don't show any of the hills. The area is along the side of a big river with sand hills going up into the trees. There are some trails but we mostly go there to climb the hills. It goes for quite a ways along the river but it also depends on how high the water is for how much riding area there is. I don't know anything about Abraham Lake so I can't compare the two for you size wise but there is lots of space to ride at Brule for a weekend without getting bored. The hills change lots too so what is there one week will be flooded the next or where there was no trail all of a sudden there is. There are some pretty good climbs... not really long but tricky. Lots have trees on them you need to go around so you can't just point at a hill and pin it, you need to get on and off the throttle to go around things. As far as cops I have been riding there for a few years now and I have seen the fish cops out there once, but they didn't stop us. I think they were looking more for people boozing it up and causing trouble instead of hassling the guys just there to ride. We usually just go for day trips, but there can get to be quite a few people there on nice or long weekends. We are planning to go this Sat, May 26th if you wana come along.

14118505924.jpg

14118542275.jpg

14118582980.jpg

latley i found this on another fourm ...

I found this on another site .....

think the only way into Brule is the Kinky Lake road.

Its about 10 - 15 km west of Hinton, and is a right off the highway.

There are 2 campsites, one at Kinky Lake and another at another small lake near Kinky. I think it is Wildhorse Lake.

If you like to pay, you can stay there, but they don't allow ATVs to be ridden in the campsite. When we go we ramdom camp up the road from there. If you stay right instead of going into the lakes, you will come to a tee to the left.

WARNING - the road can be little rough, so depending on what you are towing etc., you may want to scout the road out before you venture in. I have seen a lot on enclosed trailers in close to the dunes, but I wouldn't recommend going in too deep with a big trailer, its only a couple minute ride in from the tee.

Take the left to get into the dunes. Follow that road a km or 2 to the first left, and follow that road in to the dunes.

Have fun, it is an interesting place.

okay so where are these brule lake sand dunes? i have been dieing to ride some dunes and didnt know there was any in alberta, how far away from calgary

Brule is just west of Hinton... not sure if there is any short cuts from Calgary but it's about 2.5-3 hours west of Edmonton, just outside Jasper park. Also it's not really "sand dunes", it's more like sand hills and beaches all along the river. It's a great place to ride, we usually go out there a couple times a year. There's lots of area to ride and lots of room to camp. I've heard rumors that the tree hugers are trying to close it off but I've heard that for pretty much everywhere. If you or anyone else wants to head out there some time just shoot me a pm... I'm always ready to go riding.

whitecourt alberta trails pits lakes sand

hey derfnigel, do you know a chick named Danielle Snow by any chance?

newfoundland

03' Banshee

trails, pits, dirt roads, hills

raced on an oval dirt track at avondale speedway once.

"has any one seen the new 08 banshees. orange and black looks bad Ass. every one in the states thinks the banshees are dead but they are still alive..."

yup ive seen them they had one a the local yamaha here.they do look good.2008_YFZ350_VYRS4_CA_1.jpg

my friend has one.

my favorite color sceme of any year.