which amsoil?

atvfreestylekid

I read alot about people who like amsoil and others that dont. Here is my experience. 1984 yamaha yz 490 gets a new piston and bore job every year, year after year on yamalube or golden spectro at 32:1 also gets a new plug every 2-3 days. Switched to amsoil dominator, it used to be called something else besides dominator but dont remember. Anyway the last 3 years I had it it was run with amsoil, no new pistons or bore jobs, AND I HAVENT FOULED A PLUG IN 6 YEARS ON ANY AND EVERYTHING I OWN!! Not 1 single plug in my 490, not my 86 yz 250, not my98 yz250, 83 yz100, 99 blaster, 2004 blaster, or my 2003 banshee. No engines have had to be rebuilt either. And this is running dominator at 50:1 not 32:1. You believe what you want, I know from 6 years personal experience. Oh by the way dont buy from any dealer just pay amsoil 20 bucks and they will sell direct to you at dealer cost for a whole year and they have very good ups rates. I use it and nothing else. my 02 cents.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Sure..:)

Everyone that I know that uses it is either a dealer or friend of a dealer (or friend of a friend)

apparently, if you have a pulse, you can be a dealer.

I've tried their tranny fluid/gear oil which was supposed to make my bike shift like butter...junk

(This was my stock motor, stock port, bolt on banshee...not a cub motor, drag bike)

switched back to Good old gear saver 80W....shifted fine.

Tried their ATF in the tranny...clutch slipped.

Back to the gear saver...

I tried it both times because the buddy said is was better than sliced bread...only to have him eat his words in person when he rode my bike with "his" oil in it.

I've mixed it at 32:1 all the way to 50:1 in weed eaters and 2 stroke lawn boy lawnmowers....

Fouled plugs after a couple weeks use....

Put the old stuff back in, no issues...

I used and tried it only because a friend got me good pricing on it.

You get what you pay for....

I use amsoil 0w40 in the tranny and dont slip

Ive used amsoil interceptor for 5 years and only had to change my plugs once. I ride the shit outta my quad too. Houndreds of gallons so far.

Sorry...I know this is an old thread, but oil type shouldn't matter when it comes to fouling plugs.

Too much fuel/air does....

i agree. to say that by switching oils it made your plugs last longer is pure nonsense. learn how to jet your bike and you will not have these issues.

Can you premix the dominator at 40:1 or 32:1 ? or is the 50:1 the amsoil equivalent of 32:1? I am just curious what to run in my piped shee stock bore and stroke I can get amsoil all day long but I would have to order klotz. thanks guys.

Been running 50:1 hp in my R's and the shees, interceptor is a waste in a shee unless your powervalved, great in the sleds though. I'm not a fan of Klotz, but the flexdrive 30 I've had the best results in my drag bikes and hillclimbers, I an Amsoil dealer and I do not like the tranny oil in a heavily modded shee.

post-20948-1234845719.jpg

Can you premix the dominator at 40:1 or 32:1 ? or is the 50:1 the amsoil equivalent of 32:1? I am just curious what to run in my piped shee stock bore and stroke I can get amsoil all day long but I would have to order klotz. thanks guys.

50:1 / 32:1 is a ratio no matter what fluid is used. 32 equal parts of one mixed with 1 equal part of another.

Hope this clears it up for you.

SP

50:1 / 32:1 is a ratio no matter what fluid is used. 32 equal parts of one mixed with 1 equal part of another.

Hope this clears it up for you.

SP

Yeah but I mean if I run Amsoil that says 50:1 pre-mix and I mix it at 32:1 would that be too rich? Is amsoil thicker or osmething? Why would they say 50:1 pre-mix they don't know what the hell I'm riding :biggrin:

Sure..:)

Everyone that I know that uses it is either a dealer or friend of a dealer (or friend of a friend)

apparently, if you have a pulse, you can be a dealer.

I've tried their tranny fluid/gear oil which was supposed to make my bike shift like butter...junk

(This was my stock motor, stock port, bolt on banshee...not a cub motor, drag bike)

switched back to Good old gear saver 80W....shifted fine.

Tried their ATF in the tranny...clutch slipped.

Back to the gear saver...

I tried it both times because the buddy said is was better than sliced bread...only to have him eat his words in person when he rode my bike with "his" oil in it.

I've mixed it at 32:1 all the way to 50:1 in weed eaters and 2 stroke lawn boy lawnmowers....

Fouled plugs after a couple weeks use....

Put the old stuff back in, no issues...

I used and tried it only because a friend got me good pricing on it.

You get what you pay for....

I use Dominator and cant find a dealer for shit in this area but back in the early 90`s everyone i know was a wiseco dealer or knew one and all be dammed if i use anything but wiseco. i`m not tryin to start a argument but i`m just sayin if your theory is correct i have no pulse and wiseco blow.

I use Dominator and cant find a dealer for shit in this area but back in the early 90`s everyone i know was a wiseco dealer or knew one and all be dammed if i use anything but wiseco. i`m not tryin to start a argument but i`m just sayin if your theory is correct i have no pulse and wiseco blow.

apples and oranges...and 1990's to 2009.

Yeah but I mean if I run Amsoil that says 50:1 pre-mix and I mix it at 32:1 would that be too rich? Is amsoil thicker or osmething? Why would they say 50:1 pre-mix they don't know what the hell I'm riding :biggrin:

I would say that it likely doesn't matter what you are using their oil in. They designed the oil to lubricate and they know based on R & D what it should be mixed at. 20 years ago yamalube said mix at 20:1. Today I think they say 32:1? Anyway, my point is that as oils have become better the ratio has gone up. Listen to the manufacturer of the oil and when in doubt ask them. Everyone has a website and a tech line. JMO.

SP

• 3 weeks later...
Been running 50:1 hp in my R's and the shees, interceptor is a waste in a shee unless your powervalved, great in the sleds though. I'm not a fan of Klotz, but the flexdrive 30 I've had the best results in my drag bikes and hillclimbers, I an Amsoil dealer and I do not like the tranny oil in a heavily modded shee.

What is the difference between the dominator and interceptor, just wondering because I do have a T-Rex 409 powervalve.

Thanks Rick

I would say that it likely doesn't matter what you are using their oil in. They designed the oil to lubricate and they know based on R & D what it should be mixed at. 20 years ago yamalube said mix at 20:1. Today I think they say 32:1? Anyway, my point is that as oils have become better the ratio has gone up. Listen to the manufacturer of the oil and when in doubt ask them. Everyone has a website and a tech line. JMO.

SP

Spurdy, what I don't understand is Amsoil tells you to mix 50:1 but clymers tells you to mix 32:1. Doesn't it matter what kind of set-up you have on your bike...pipes, carbs, jets, etc? 50:1 just seems too lean to me. I really don't want to end up having to rebuild my top end....