which amsoil?

atvfreestylekid

I am swiching to amsoil because my friend who owns a lawnmower repair shop happens to be an amsoil dealer. What amsoil pre mix would be best? I was thinking HPI HP Injector Oil at 32:1. my shee is a non-ported stroker if that makes any diference. The site says it is good for injection and 50:1 pre mix. Idk what to use in the trans either. what oil should I use in it? Thanks

-Josh

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good choice man, i have ran amsoil for years with excellent results.. i use the dominator amsoil that mixes 50:1 . i have never had a motor wear out yet.. it smells good also.. for the tranny i use 10w30 motor oil.. seems to work great also.. i have been running these lubricants in my shee's for over 7 years

That is what I was wanting to hear. Thanks. Okay, I don't think i'll use the dominator because I heard it is a castor oil and does not burn clean. And since gas does not burn clean either, It's better to go with a cleaner burning oil. So the dominator is more for alcohol, which burns clean. Is this true? But the intercepter is like a 70/30 mix of castor and synthetic. right? And the injector is a 100% synthetic. So I'm leaning to the injector. That is if the whole "clean burning" thing is true. Plus the injector is a lot cheaper. I figured since it had the amsoil name and good for 50:1 ratio, if i mix it at 32:1, my ride would last a while. but if the intercepter is better, I'll go with it. Thanks again for the opinions. :biggrin:

• 9 months later...
Dominator > Interceptor.

DOMINATOR was made for Mike Laracco, Interceptor is made for boats being premixed or injected. Stick with the Dominator and what's wrong with the regualar MTF 10/40 or 0/40 for cold weather. Just like 10/30?

Marcus

hell, you can use Amsoil ATF, it's 20weight but does a great job, just cost more then the other options...

Sure..:)

Everyone that I know that uses it is either a dealer or friend of a dealer (or friend of a friend)

apparently, if you have a pulse, you can be a dealer.

I've tried their tranny fluid/gear oil which was supposed to make my bike shift like butter...junk

(This was my stock motor, stock port, bolt on banshee...not a cub motor, drag bike)

switched back to Good old gear saver 80W....shifted fine.

Tried their ATF in the tranny...clutch slipped.

Back to the gear saver...

I tried it both times because the buddy said is was better than sliced bread...only to have him eat his words in person when he rode my bike with "his" oil in it.

I've mixed it at 32:1 all the way to 50:1 in weed eaters and 2 stroke lawn boy lawnmowers....

Fouled plugs after a couple weeks use....

Put the old stuff back in, no issues...

I used and tried it only because a friend got me good pricing on it.

You get what you pay for....

I started using Amsoil Dominator about 3 years ago, mixed at 50:1. I change my plugs once at the start of each riding season and the ones I take out are still in great shape. I pulled my cylinders off last winter to change out a broken stud and my pistons looked great also... replaced them anyway since they were a couple years old. I used to use Opti synthetic and it ran just fine but after 2 years there was some light scoring on the pistons. Amsoil has been good for me. I have never tried any of their tranny oils though, I use Honda HP synthetic.

Edited by Ruko

I think it is hard to beat good ol TYPE F trans fluid in the trans,works great and is cheap most of all it works great no clutch slippage, it is designed to make clutches grab and great lubrication and doesnt steal horsepower.Also i use B&M trick shift in my drag bike because it is blue and i think it looks cool in my lockup cover :biggrin:

I dont think you should let price deside what premix to use it is cheap compared to motors no matter how much it costs.

Edited by firebanshee