which tires?

i am lookin to change my rear tires back to stock size,, i currently have 20-10-9 bandit tires on itp wheels,, i just don't get enough traction with them, my clymer book says in 88 stock size was 22-10-9, i figure this might give me some more ground clearance as well,, but i'v been lookin at the bear claw tires by kenda but i can only get them in 22-12-9, will the size be ok? they look to be a good aggressive tire plus they're 6 ply!! has anyone ever tried these on they're shee?, i used to have shredders on my old quad and they seemed to do really well too! will a heavier tire help with traction? i'm open to any suggestions,, thanks guys

:biggrin: I ride alot of fields and dirt! I run Maxxis Razers 20x10x10 (Douglas .160) on my 97 shee and had no problem grabbing earth when needed. My rear hubs are from an 89 banshee which gives me the same width bolt pattern as my front hubs. I run a aftermarket 15 tooth front sprocket with a stock rear sprocket along with the size 10 wheel but my tire height remained the same as stock. I feel that my shee performs well. I chose maxxis razers because of the narly look of the beefy x's and the flat track appearance. I took my shee to St. Joe national park and my razers never had a problem on loose sand like chat. In the trails I had the traction and in the soft flats I could feel my shee pull hard. :cool: Don't just take my advice though.....everyone runs different earth grabbers on their shees. Razers work for me and thats my choice for the life of my shee.

I have all kinds of terrain where i live,, shale, gravel, mud, coal, rocky,, i do alot of hillclimbing, and trail riding, and hit the jumps when they are there,, alot of the hills around here are shale tho, so i'd like to have 6 ply,, i just know with the bandits on trails with alot of leaves i can barely make a hill,, it just spins all over the place

Razr 2's are nasty! Beefy knobs and 6 ply.. I just bought a set of fronts and rears and switching over from bandits myself, they just werent doing it for the trails. Will be mounting them and testing out this week but they sure look like they can cause some damage.

Edited by RIPRuck

i run 22 gators on the back, in the mud if its think i can pull te front end up they are heavy tough thats what you get with 6 ply but i find that the front of the shees are heavier then the back so putting the big tires on the back make it eaqual out a bit. i would also make sure you have some pretty tall front tires like true 21 or 22 tires not stock front tires because they make the shee look like a tractor. if you ride gravel and stuff i was looking at some other tires i well give you a link for that i think might work well

http://www.rockymountainatv.com/productDet...dFamilyId=17493

http://www.rockymountainatv.com/productDet...dFamilyId=11867

Edited by 350BANSHEE350