Idle and Running issues.

bburg5

Alright guys!!!

I have a bone stock 1999 Shee. I have just rebuilt the carbs and have 200 mains and 25 pilots (Sent with kit). I then put everything back together and have a bigger problem then what I started with (Leaking thru over flow-"fixed"). It now is very hard to start (Takes starter fluid to start), Once started, I have to keep in the throttle or it dies. As I am hitting the throttle it starts to bog, come up on throttle and spit out the pipes. Noticed today that it runns a little better on chock and smokes out of left pipe more than right. I live in Ohio and want to keep it stock, to just play around on.

TORS have been removed completely.....

What are the possibilities?

Thanks!!!

did you put the slides back in the right carbs, they will go in the wrong carb and seem fine but wil run like shit, the slash cut in the bottom of the slide should face your filter, if you have them in the wrong carb the will be facing the motor

Yeah,

I did that before.

Great that must have been the issue.....

I still am getting a little bog when trying to drive off. I have to give it more than what I thought I would have to, to get it moving. What is the cause of this?????

Also I feel that it might be loosing power on the top end. what adjustments must I make to correct this? While keeping it stock......

THANKS GUYS!

did you sync your carbs? check your plugs? check your compression? check your fire? i know you took your tors off, but sounds just like this would be your problem. anyway, see if while its running if it runs better or worse with the choke on or off. i wished i had a better answer.

Has the bike run fine since you removed the TORS?

You have to disconnect the parking brake wires, the tops of the carb wires, the black box under the left side of the tank, cut the wires going into your thumb throttle...and you did install the idle screw kit on the carbs, right??

Your bike is A1 bone stock, as in stock pipes, stock air filter, stock air box, with the lid and snorkel?

What elevation do you ride at, what temps are you riding in?

Are you using fresh gas and oil, new spark plugs?

Have you done a compression check lately??

Yes everything has been removed (TORS) and has ran fine since. I then have taken the FMF two into one pipes off and replaced them with the stock pipes... The only add on is the K&N filter in the stock box. Idle screws have been installed...

elevation is 1025ft and temps 60-85 deg...

Has new gas and oil...93 octane and with new plugs

No compression check done....

THANKS!