ok guys

i have a really hard time with speling and punctuation and all that becasue i dont read jack, cept for things online and we all know that ppl use slang and dont spell things right. well once i got into my english comp 1 and 2 i had a hard time adapting. i was very dependant on spell check,. the problem is i use words that are spelled right but not for the sentence they are used in, so spell check dosent always catch them.

i hated school so much that i never planned on going back, so i joined the Marines. well 6 years later and alot of growing up on my part, i began to have dreams. and i realized these dreams would stay just that if i didnt get an education. so i started going to school. i am almost done with my freshman courses, and to tell you the truth it hasnt been all that hard. it was just a matter of growing up and understanding that as much as it may suck at the moment the rest of my life and my kids lifes will benifit from me not being a lazy asshole for a few weeks here and there.

I am 14 and i have a really hard time with spelling and punctuation but know i am in this computer app's class and we get graded on stuff like spelling and punctuation so i have to do it right and it has gotten better for me. I have gotten a little faster at typing also. :biggrin:

Chevy Banshee

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey there, Ed. We homeschool our boys and I can tell you that the way Ben Franklin learned to write is copywork. You just find well-written books that you enjoy and start copying passages exactly like they are written in the book. Check your work when you're done to make sure that you copied it EXACTLY (punctuation, capitalization, spelling, etc.) and correct any errors IMMEDIATELY. It's boring and tedious, but it reprograms your brain with the particulars of good writing. This coupled with LOTS OF READING will make a big difference quickly. Find good books on topics that interest you and READ, READ, READ. Also, you might want to keep a notebook of words that you know you frequently misspell, and just copy them correctly, over and over again, maybe 25-50 times. This also reprograms your brain. You want to avoid practicing the wrong spelling, so any time you catch yourself spelling a word wrong, write it or type it correctly over and over again right away to reprogram the brain. Practice doesn't make perfect, CORRECT practice makes perfect. For example, you misspell "want" a lot, so you might want to write that one repeatedly until every time you think the word, you see "W-A-N-T". I'm glad to see you working so hard to better yourself in this area!! It will surely pay off greatly for you. Follow your dreams, man.

Hey there Eddy, I really respect you for, how you took all the people making fun of you (even me) and putting it in a positve direction. I also respect the fact that you started a topic telling everybody that you are working on spelling, punctuation, and grammar. So far, you have came a really long ways, Keep up the good work, but try to stay away from using the "F" word as much as you have done in the past.

Mike

Hey there, Ed. We homeschool our boys and I can tell you that the way Ben Franklin learned to write is copywork. You just find well-written books that you enjoy and start copying passages exactly like they are written in the book. Check your work when you're done to make sure that you copied it EXACTLY (punctuation, capitalization, spelling, etc.) and correct any errors IMMEDIATELY. It's boring and tedious, but it reprograms your brain with the particulars of good writing. This coupled with LOTS OF READING will make a big difference quickly. Find good books on topics that interest you and READ, READ, READ. Also, you might want to keep a notebook of words that you know you frequently misspell, and just copy them correctly, over and over again, maybe 25-50 times. This also reprograms your brain. You want to avoid practicing the wrong spelling, so any time you catch yourself spelling a word wrong, write it or type it correctly over and over again right away to reprogram the brain. Practice doesn't make perfect, CORRECT practice makes perfect. For example, you misspell "want" a lot, so you might want to write that one repeatedly until every time you think the word, you see "W-A-N-T". I'm glad to see you working so hard to better yourself in this area!! It will surely pay off greatly for you. Follow your dreams, man.

Thank you and i will try that. :thumbsup:

Hey there Eddy, I really respect you for, how you took all the people making fun of you (even me) and putting it in a positve direction. I also respect the fact that you started a topic telling everybody that you are working on spelling, punctuation, and grammar. So far, you have came a really long ways, Keep up the good work, but try to stay away from using the "F" word as much as you have done in the past.

Mike

Thanks and i just got tired of people making fun of me so i am trying to fix this.

:thumbsup:

its okaie chevoreleybanshee i steel luv u, wither u can spel ore not

lol.. your setting a bad example!!! good to hear that you are trying you seem to replace "A" with "O" alot just letting you know. For example, WOS is spelled WAS and WONT is spelled WANT. good work though i can actually read evrything you type without re-reading it 10 times. :thumbsup:

thank you guys for the support i hope i can get a lot faster at typing and spell things right the first time :thumbsup:

:thanks:

:biggrin: :biggrin:

hey man

i found that talking on msn (or a similar p2p chatting program) was the easiest way to get fast at typing, but be careful, dont get into the habit of writing "b4" and "cause" or "u" etc because you quicky get into the habit of writing them all the time at school and in posts...

hope this helps

hey man

i found that talking on msn (or a similar p2p chatting program) was the easiest way to get fast at typing, but be careful, dont get into the habit of writing "b4" and "cause" or "u" etc because you quicky get into the habit of writing them all the time at school and in posts...

hope this helps

Ya i am on the BHQ chat room a lot and that has helped me so has just typing responses like this. It helps me remember wear all the keys are. :geek: