I found a new spark plug.

98'banshee

Spark plugs  

103 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok guys, heres the scoop on what I found........ You may or may not belive me but for $4 its worth your effort. We found a new spark plug that advances the timing 2 degrees, We first tested it on snowmobiles and made 3 horsepower on the dyno over BR9 ES's with an 800cc snowmobile motor. They are made by Champion and they are called RN57YC . Just recently I put them in the banshee and noticed that it does help with throttle response which means that they do make power. Just a heads up. Also if you decide to try them they would be at an auto parts store and I have found them as cheap as $1.87 a piece.

:yelrotflmao:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So far, I've learned that:

1. Champion plugs can give you a 2 degree ignition advance...I call it detonation or pre-ignition because the "lug" < :thumbsup: extends farther into the combustion chamber than needed. You get more "advance" the hotter the plug you run!!

2. They are a terrific value....$0.25 cheaper than those crappy NGKs.

3. Someone has invented a machine that allows you to track ignition advance independent of the actual ignition timing position.

4. Something I'd never thought about until now...new plugs give you more HP than old ones!!

I was gonna do a whole figuring out the distance light travels in the time it takes for a crank with a (rough) circumference of 565.2MM to move 2 degrees (about 3.14MM) which is .0000000001047391258928 of a second static, but without the RPM, I can't figure out the equation because it MUST be relative to crankshaft speed if it slows the passage of time to allow the spark to reach the tip faster than the speed of light unaided. Since the the speed of light is a constant that doesn't change, it must be due to a shift in relative time. Think Stargate.

More RPM = a greater slowing of time, which allows more advance.

Therefore, it can't just be a 2 degree advance, because it is obviously variable.

Thank you Stephen Hawking for that Brief History Of Time.

Now that's funny...all you need is a flux capacitor to complete your theory, you're well on your way...

1.21 Jiggawatts??? Great Scott.

wait wait guys i figured out how these new plugs advance the timing, you ready, ok the plugs have sykik powers, they read the ignition systems mind and fire 2 degrees before the ignition system sends the juice to them! so not only are the mind readers but they must generate there own power, no i can rid off all that stator and coil and wires and all that ignition stuff and save even more wieght, man im gonna be fast!!! :down:

wait wait guys i figured out how these new plugs advance the timing, you ready, ok the plugs have sykik powers, they read the ignition systems mind and fire 2 degrees before the ignition system sends the juice to them! so not only are the mind readers but they must generate there own power, no i can rid off all that stator and coil and wires and all that ignition stuff and save even more wieght, man im gonna be fast!!! :down:

It would be more believable if you spelled phsyic correctly........................ :biggrin:

It would be more believable if you spelled phsyic correctly........................ :biggrin:

haha, do you my psychic? Just thought I would throw that out there......... :biggrin:

EDIT: And after correcting firehead, I just realized I put "my" instead of "mean" damnit, so much for that idea lol

Edited by bonbon